There is a pair of 4310's here locally and no one is jumping on them $200

Darren James

Are these not good speakers??? I just spent my cash otherwise I would....

Is there a reason I shouldn't if I decide to borrow? Says they are all there in good shape, the front fabric needs help....

Darren

Nice score although I typically don’t recommend going into debt to buy speakers or audio components.

That said, when you have paid back your friends, save up some $$ for some nice 5 way binding posts to replace the weird screw terminals, those are not original. Also, look to eBay and Huntley Audio for replacement JBL blue or close to it speaker grille cloth - not exactly like original, but some would say an upgrade.

Spray some Deoxit into the controls and exercise them 20-30 times to knock off the oxidation crud off of them. Be sure to clean the veneer carefully and post some pics. If in decent shape, JBL veneer responds very well to some TLC to make them look great.

Nice score although I typically don’t recommend going into debt to buy speakers or audio components.

That said, when you have paid back your friends, save up some $$ for some nice 5 way binding posts to replace the weird screw terminals, those are not original. Also, look to eBay and Huntley Audio for replacement JBL blue or close to it speaker grille cloth - not exactly like original, but some would say an upgrade.

Spray some Deoxit into the controls and exercise them 20-30 times to knock off the oxidation crud off of them. Be sure to clean the veneer carefully and post some pics. If in decent shape, JBL veneer responds very well to some TLC to make them look great.

Now, I asked him about the screw connectors and he told me he bought them that way, direct from the factory in CA. I entered the serial numbers in the database over on Lansing Heritage and they are the lowest numbers recorded now... The control knobs are also different but I saw them on an early pair too. These have the "model 4310" on the front plate and the early ones I saw online just said "control monitor". He worked at Disney and Paramount studio's doing sound. I'm going to leave the screw connectors because he said he bought them from JBL that way.

I do have the original brown grill cloth. I need to make new frames, the particle board just crumbles...

I'll definitely try the deoxit.

thanks man,
Darren

Back
Top Bottom