These guys make me laugh my...

This guy is a motorhead. Did you notice he referred to folks that restore their own vintage ST-70's as "armatures" ?!:D

Rob

I can't [or won't] comment on the rest of the ad but I think his "breathing" comment was in reference to providing more optimal conditions [venting] for the output tubes.

MikE

Oh no doubt MikE that's what he is talking about. But the whole pile of crap here is that... "A new black and better cage for breathing of the tubes." Does the new black cage color helps over the old brown cage color? And just so you know, that cage is the same as the older cages as far as hole perforations. There's no differance in how it "breaths". That guy is laying it on thick and stinky. What a con artist! :bs:

He may be a con artist, but look what he has accomplished with a few words.

Non-original items, or less desirable factory version, that would clearly reduce collector's value, he has turned into a plus for those who want to use the piece and really don't know what made certain Dynacos 'special' (me, for one, but then I wouldn't bid unless I knew what the value truly was. If others bid differently, then good for them).

May be creative, and may be BS, but will increase his bottomline, no? He is also clearly stating certain items may not be original, while also stating others are (tubes).

No, I don't care for the listing either, WW, but I can read through 'puffery' better than I can get through misrepresentation. When I see all the listings on ebay, I believe that you NEED something to make yours stand out. Must be effective here- look how he got us to read this pap;)

Oh no doubt reyneman...Oldest scam in the book. Use all kinds of colorful words, bend em here and there and put the money in your pocket. Buyer beware!

By the way, WW- is this a good unit?

Serious question here, haven't listened to any Dynaco equipment since 1973 or so, and have no idea what the 'good stuff' is.

Nevermind WW

Just found that thread you were involved in.

Could have looked earlier, just lazy

For crying out loud. Here's another one! E bay is truly a "buyer beware" market, WHEW! You can get on there and spew any bullchit you want and if someone doesn't know any better then you hook em. ADS "pre Braun". Uhhhhhh pal you got that backwards. ADS sonically don't stand up to the oringinal Braun drivers. I just got done doing an A/B test between some ADS 710s and Braun 710s. Bruans won. Love his Bose comparrison. Clearly marketing to Joe "watch to many commercials" Average.

I run accross more and more con artists on the Bay as time goes on. What a shame...

:rant: :screwy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2542425223&category=23794

Last edited:
Maybe they are not con artists, maybe they just don't know what the hell they are talking about. Vintage ST-70 MKII??? I Don't think so !!! The ST-70 MKII is not vintage, it was built in the early to mid 90's by SoundValves. Anyway neither one of these sellers have any audio savy, just look at their feedback, one sells tonka toys and the other sells dishes. But their BS story must sound good to some, just look at all the dim bulbs taking the bait. Maybe if I paint my cages black, my tubes might breath easer too !! Ya think ???

Back
Top Bottom