These look interesting - JSE speakers - ??

Hey those do look pretty interesting, and maybe a good deal to boot.

Refoam, then how about using a small fish hook to pull that dent, and a teenie smidgen of some sort of glue to fill the hole? Or would that be a bad idea?

Pete

pete, if the tweeter dome is untreated textile, you can roll over the point of a sewing pin, into a TINY barb, and grab VERY small bits around the edge of the crater, and gently restore it to convex glory. Works for some paper dustcaps, too, if not creased too badly. Treated or Poly domes sometimes respond well to delicate use of adhesive tape. Don't try anything too aggressive, like duct tape, unless you have a very light touch.

JSEs are top notch speakers. I have a pair of the model 1s and while I switch speakers on and off, they stay around. Less boxy than practically any box speaker (possibly are result of the infinite slope crossovers) and relatively sensible in terms of power needs. The veneering was apparently a problem -- bits get knocked off the edges more easily than they should, but that's cosmetic -- the cabinets themselves are very good.

I have a small pair of early rather beautiful black laquer JSE speakers out in the garage.
This pair was made in 1986 IIRC. 8" woofer with butyl surrounds with 1 " fabric dome
tweets with a rear port, they also utilizes the infinite slope crossover. 97db(?)
Also IIRC they sold the infinite slope crossover to Jeff Joseph @ 1991. The
crossover IIRC was designed by Richard Modaferri who still owns the patent. I am too lazy to look it all back up. :)

Carl

Back
Top Bottom