They were loving the Wig at AK Fest 08

Wigwam Jones

Caesar non supra grammati
My first indication that I was in for a rough weekend came as soon as I arrived and paid my $20 fee for the weekend. I was given a 'ticket' for a 'drawing' for 'door prizes,' and I commented that it didn't really matter, I never win anything anyway.

No sooner had I said that than Dry Basement popped up with his fancy pen, which he won in the door prize drawing.

Ooh, fancy! OK, so now I'm jazzed. Heck, I might even win something.

So I start wandering around, taking in the sights, and hey, there's Grumpy! I waved to him - "Hi, Grumpy!"

And what does he do? Turns around and gives me a pressed ham, that's what.

So I thought, well, that's just fine. Maybe some of my other AK friends will treat me a little bit better. Yeah, right.

You know, I'm starting to feel a little bit dejected here!

Well, I keep looking for friends...but no. Kegger says I'm too ugly to look at...

Tentoze says I am so ugly, he's blind now...

And Justen tries to kill me, I had to run away...

However, eventually ever buddy settled down and let the Wig get on with his pitcher-takin'. Even Grumpy got over it.

The list of people who have threatened me with great bodily harm is now up to more than I got fingers and toes, not that I'll be keeping those much longer either.

So while I'm still pushing air in and out on a regular basis, you might as well go on and see my photos. I was going to put them on the AK gallery, like Grumpy told me to, but hey, no AK 2008 gallery yet. So I put them on Flickr like I always do, and Grumpy told me that's really slow when everybody is hitting it at once.

So take turns.

AK Fest 2008 Photo Set

AK Fest 2008 Slideshow (same photos, just a slideshow format)

And if you see someone whom I have not named and you know who it is - stop and put a comment on there so we all know! Feel free to leave tags or comments or whatever - it doesn't cost anything to join Flickr, but you can see the photos without joining or anything - whatever you like.

Had a great time, guys. Seriously! Fantastic, even better than last year, and my humble thanks to go out to Grumpy, Mrs. Grumpy, the Family Grump, and all who were involved in making AK Fest 2008 a reality. Thank you!

Some nice gear, & some scary-looking people. :D Just kidding, of course. ;) Thanx Wiggy, nice work. :thmbsp:

Thanks for posting all those, Wiggy. Except that one, you rat bastard.

I figure I got another whole year to be nice to you and hope you forgive and forget all about my little faux pas. Probably not gonna happen, though, huh?

All great pics wiggy!

I particularly liked the one with Ray re-creating his famous "perched on speaker" pose.

RC

Back
Top Bottom