They're baaaaack...White van boys in DFW

CortR

Not that I expect anyone here might fall for it, but someone you know might. This time they're peddling Dahlton kv 2500 ti; they're using the old T&M audio overstock scam; and, as always, they're eager to accompany you to the ATM. I've been approached twice in the last week----both times at gas stations off Central Expwy.

White Van

I had a good laugh as I bought my JBL-S312IIs from a guy who lived about 200 miles from me so we decided to meet half way in a rest area. Well when I got there guess what he was driving?? Yes a large white van. . . this was during the last rash of white van sightings. . . We both got a kick out of it. . .
I used to see big Semi trailers parked in various parking lots selling speakers, most were crap but once in awhile you would find the real deal sitting there.

Been a good while since I spotted the white van people (or should I say Red van when I actually encountered them in person). Last I saw was on a trip to Akron Ohio, went so far as to have some cheesy magnetic sticker on the van so it appeared they worked for some sort of sound installation company.

Cinco de Mayo

In a supermarket parking lot here in town, a vato was selling home made tamales from, you guessed it... a white van. I bought a dozen mmmmmmmm they were delicosa and went good with Coronas :dunno:

I bet those tamales were worth much more than the speakers the guys sell out of the vans.

Originally posted by bookasan
I bet those tamales were worth much more than the speakers the guys sell out of the vans.
U betcha especially good on cinco de mayo or maybe it was the brewski:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :dunno:

Hey all,
It's strange that this post should come up at this time...
I keep in regular contact with the guy in the electronics department at my local sally ann, and today when I called he told me he had a 'big, old, heavy' pair of speakers for me.
I almost killed myself getting there I was in so much of a hurry. So what were these gigantic monsters? You guessed it, white van specials.:pity: They even came in their original shipping boxes, so there was no mistaking them.
One interesting feature was the lack of make or model information anywhere on the outside of the speakers; not on the grill or the back near the binding-post type connectors. Only markings were on the front (behind the grills) and on the shipping boxes.
These same things popped up in several local second hand shops a few years ago, and I'll never forget the stories that came with them, which were without exception the now-typical 'my boss bought too many and now we have to sell the extra ones as cheaply and quickly as possible!'
Well, I gave my sally ann pal the lowdown on these pieces of crap, not that I think it'll deter him from selling them to some other poor unsuspecting patron who thinks they're getting a great deal on some 'digital-ready' speakers, whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. :dunno:
Cheers,
-Paul

Back
Top Bottom