They're coming....

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Gazdatronik, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Gazdatronik

Gazdatronik Super Member

A long while back I posted that I was looking for the biggest floor speakers that were regarded the most efficient and best sounding, and the Altec 19 came in for the win. Then I was steered towards the Tekton Pendragon.

Well, with a little room treatment, the DCM TF600's really shine, and the frontroom is now our bedroom, so with the bed in there, something behemoth sized will no longer be practical. The shallow design of the Timeframes really helps conserve space, and I must say I have no complaints whatsoever of their performance.

My friend who has an SVS SB16 Ultra that checks all my boxes has got me thinking, so I decided on a pair of SVS's PC-2000 subs to accentuate. I was looking at the PC-4000, but the extra 900 bucks each seems over the top for a couple extra hz of LF extension. I do know that the 4000 series has DSP EQ tuning that the 2000 lacks, but that's another issue for another day.

As an added bonus, they look like such as a simple trash can, small footprint and all.
    I looked at a few others, for the price point, It would seem like I can't do much better.

I am excited, my hands are itching

Nightwisher likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. onwardjames

onwardjames Hoardimus Maximus Subscriber

TF600's are serious iron. I enjoyed the TF-350's I restored a few years back.

3. Speedbump71

Speedbump71 Buried in speakers Subscriber

Just sold my pair, but have to agree they are very good in the right room. The restore was miserable and messy though ;)

4. revox-b77

revox-b77 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I really like the 600's. I have never felt a sub necessary, but I can see the point.