Thin Lizzy Vinyl Re-issues

vice1984

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Can anyone tell me if these are worth buying and how they sound compared to the original releases? I usually try to stay with original albums, but they can be a bit pricey.
Thanks

I bought the Jailbreak reissue not too long ago. I've never heard the original on vinyl so I can't give you a direct comparison of the two. I can say that my reissue sounds very good to me.

I'm very pleased with Johnny the Fox. I no longer have my original for a direct head to head shoot out, but I'm very particular and this album just kicks my ass every time I spin it.

Are you listening to it with your head in the clouds a little bit like in the old days? I know when I listened to Jailbreak back in the day the Cowboy Song really was a work of art. Kicked my ass every timed I listened to it. Also Roxy Music Viva was another album I listened to the whole way thru. Good listening!

I have all of Thin Lizzy Reissues on 180gr colored vinyl and they all sound incredible. I also have them all on original vinyl that I bought back when they were originally released as Ive always been a Lizzy fan. seen them many times back then too both here in the US and in Germany. I can tell you the reissues are maybe a little better in sound quality but only because they are new. Reissues are taken from the original tapes and not remastered. I stay away from remastered vinyl for a few various reasons that belong in another thread maybe?

Back
Top Bottom