Things to do when you get a new digital camera (jhaan92's system)

jhaan92

A Work In Progress...
I got a really nice Sony Cyber-Shot digital camera, and what do I feel compelled to do? Take really nice pictures of my stereo and show it off to others...or am I showing off the camera? :D

Anyway, I thought that I would post these pictures up on AK, as the ones that I already have are a few years old, and a fair amount of the equipment has been cycled out for new pieces since then.

This is the Carver gear:

C-1 Sonic Holography Preamplifier
M-1.5t Power Amplifier
DTL-200MK2 CD Player

DSC00325.jpg

The sound processor stack:

dbx 3BX Dynamic Range Expander
Lexicon CP-1+ Digital Audio Environment Processor
Sony 5-Disc Carousel (idle)
dbx 224X Noise Reduction Unit (idle)
Technics SH-8020 Graphic Equalizer

DSC00330.jpg

The Pioneer gear:

TX-7800 Servo-Locked AM/FM Stereo Tuner
CT-F1250 Cassette Deck

DSC00333.jpg

The turntable & other sound processor:

dbx Model 100 Subharmonic Synthesizer
Technics SL-1900 DD Turntable, equipped with an Audio-Technica Precept Cartridge

DSC00324.jpg

My speakers:

ADS L710 Loudspeakers, courtesy of a fellow AK'er

DSC00334.jpg

A close-up of the turntable, hard at work:

DSC00322.jpg

(The album is Earth, Wind & Fire's "Greatest Hits, Vol. 1" on CBS Master Sound half-speed master)

Most of this equipment is modeled after something that my dad had set up, with some exceptions. I figured that what he had sounded great, so why screw with a known formula (well, as far as I was concerned anyway! :D ).

-Jason

Nice shots!

Love the stack in the cabinet, looks very nice with the reflections on both sides :)

It's all my dad's fault....not only did he get me addicted to quality in sound reproduction, but he got me into photography as well....well, at least I'm enjoying it!

Nice! The fact that you're listening to Earth, Wind and Fire quantifies your great taste ;)

Great setup with nice pics.

I have that same LP featured in my Rome's Romper Room. Great LP, indeed!

Rome

Nice shot of the turntable in action Bud! I like the angle shot of the Carver stuff too.
Rumour has it pics of a Goldwing are in the near future, aye?! :thmbsp:

nice gear, great photos.

ps... can I touch the Carvers?:D

Nice photos for sure. I like the Carver stack a lot. Can I come over and touch it? ;)

Why does everyone want to touch my gear? Maybe I should start a "touching" fee of 2 bucks per time....:D

The Carver gear is one of my best scores. I was deciding as to whether or not I wanted to buy the Carver C-500 Lab Standard Power Amplifier off Ebay for 300 bucks, so while I was making up my mind, I decided to surf the local CL, and low and behold, this guy was selling those three pieces, plus a TX-11A tuner for 550 bucks.

Original owner, all owners manuals, brochure paperwork, and even the original sales paperwork came with them. They all have NO scratches, dents, or blemishes. He was even smart enough to have it all hooked up so I could test it all out before I bought it. I think that it was worth the extra 250 bucks to get 4 pieces instead of 1. Even the CD player works like it should-which I guess is a rarity.

I don't plan on parting with any of the Carver equipment soon, unless a 4000T preamplifier happens to fall into my lap...but I doubt that I will get one for a decent price anytime soon.

-Jason

Back
Top Bottom