Things to do when you get a new digital camera (jhaan92's system)

The guy who owned that Carver equipment had some really nice speakers too-Magnepan MG-IIc's...too bad they were already sold by the time I found this ad.

I was having a talk with my dad, and we both noticed that not many AK members sport Carver equipment....I guess I never noticed it before. I always thought that the M class power amplifiers from Carver were really innovative. The M-1.5t puts out 350w RMS at 8 ohms, and that is A-weighted, so that is musical power, but in the owners manual, it can put out 600w RMS for a musically significant period of time (about 4 seconds) before it goes back down to 350w RMS...

I didn't realize that that amplifier was THAT powerful, but I guess I should expect that because my Carver M-400 cube (or as some people would call it, "The Bread Box") did 200w RMS. I think that the 1.5t weighs about 18lbs....lots of power for such a small package.

I was once asked by a fellow AK'er as to why I needed that much power, as the L710's are 75w RMS, 125 peak-and I told him that I needed the clean headroom, which is true. I have always thought that it is better to have more power than you would need, rather than have not enough. I know that as long as I am using my current speakers, I don't think that amp will ever have a true workout. Maybe I will bring it to the next audio get-together I go to-it should be able to push just about anything with ease...

Back
Top Bottom