Things you don't see anymore.

Cinematic (or TV for that matter) subtlety, quiet finesse, and innocence.

audrey_hepburn.jpg
Ah, the days before gross indecency was made legal.

- Saturday morning cartoons.
- Curfew bell at 10:00PM.
- Local news stand with all of the up to date comic books for 12 cents.
- A&W soda stand with a full menu.
- Kickapoo Joy Juice soda.
- Chunky candy bar.
- Sunday newspapers with Dick Tracy.
- The thrill of getting frightened at scary movies.
- The first time when you slow danced and
felt a few soft things against your chest and you got a reaction from it.

Probably already mentioned but I still miss "REAL" Coca Cola(Coke) that you got in the 60-70's!They fooled around with the formulas so much since then it has a crappy taste:)

Swing by a Hispanic grocery & pick up Mexican coke...glass bottles & real sugar. Closest to the original recipe you'll find. Yum. We stock it at the supermarket along with Mexican Fanta Orange & Mexican Sprite. Coke rep told me they'll be bringing in Mexican Fanta Grape, too. And, Kelsey...Kickapoo Joy Juice is still available. They have it (and other cool pops) at the Ace hardware where I live.

. . . - Curfew bell at 10:00PM. . . .

For those of us who grew up in steel towns, it was the 10PM whistle or horn for shift change. You don't see many steel mills any more, that's for sure.

. . . felt a few soft things against your chest and you got a reaction from it.

I'm sure that is not a thing of the past. EDIT: At least for young folks.

Has anyone mentioned already the Advent VideoBeam television?

I have seen an ad of such an interesting gear today browsing an old Playboy issue. The retail price in 1978 was 2395 dollars.

By the way, the Black Forest factory SABA produced something similar already in the fifties, called Telerama.

rarittpro-1286730970-21350.jpg

I never saw them. They look like great fun.

They were 1st released in Japan in 1982 then in the UK in 1983. From what I can gather,the Japanese had 7 different games to choose/collect from whilst the UK had 5.
I've just took a gander on eBay.Com (U.S.) and there isn't hardly any for sale,so perhaps they weren't released in the U.S.
Indeed,they're great fun... I can't keep off Thundering Turbo :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom