Things you don't see anymore.

spacejet.jpg

I had one waaaaaaay back.

Now you know where the modern handheld hair dryer designers found inspiration!

"Rock Stars" actually concentrating on their music instead of their "Rock Star" status.

I have one in the warehouse. The military used them for marking runways where there was no electricity.

Actually, IIRC, they are called flares. Smudge pots are bigger and have chimney of sorts and are used to try & mitigate frost in orchards.

I think you are correct, although I found this on Ebay. I bet somebody somewhere collects these things. Is it me, or has the price of highway flares suddenly gone up? :idea: I think it's the kerosene revival.

'The night time use of aircraft searchlights to indicate the opening of a new store location....you used to see these quite frequently, sweeping back and forth across the dark skies...." I guess the economy is still so bad they can't afford to rent them any longer.

Check out ebay listings for smudge pots & highway flares...There is plenty of interchange, correctly or otherwise.

The night time use of aircraft searchlights to indicate the opening of a new store location....you used to see these quite frequently, sweeping back and forth across the dark skies....

Pima County, AZ regulations:
Section 105 Prohibitions 105.1 Bottom mounted sign lighting. Bottom mounted outdoor sign lighting attached to the sign structure shall not be used. 105.2 Mercury vapor lamps and fixtures. The use installation, sale, offer for sale, lease or purchase of any mercury vapor lamp for use as outdoor lighting is prohibited per ARS § 49-1104. 105.3 Laser source light. The use of laser source light or any similar high intensity light for outdoor advertising or entertainment, when projected above the horizontal, is prohibited. 105.4 Searchlights. The operation of searchlights for advertising purposes is prohibited.

(Dark sky regulations)

"Party Record Albums".....Back In The Day, (before cable, VCRs, and the internet) when cocktail parties were in vogue, after the kiddies went to bed, the adults would often break out the "Party Records", LPs by artists like Redd Foxx and Rudy Ray Moore, seriously funny, and seriously dirty language and joke material. I remember several times, crouching down at the top of the stairs, watching the inebriated guests laughing their asses off listening to these albums.

Back
Top Bottom