Things you don't see anymore.

Either Polaroid or Kodak instant picture cameras, New, of course. and of course, not digital.

Ditto machine (w/alcohol odor)

Ditto-Paper.jpg

The night time use of aircraft searchlights to indicate the opening of a new store location....you used to see these quite frequently, sweeping back and forth across the dark skies....

We get them at fireworks stands every year. A guy that lives across the street from a friend has them in his driveway that he hires out.

It's weird, high income places don't charge for air and water at gas stations.

Low income places do charge for air, water, restrooms etc. It costs more to be poor?

The night time use of aircraft searchlights to indicate the opening of a new store location....you used to see these quite frequently, sweeping back and forth across the dark skies....

When I was a kid my next door neighbor had a party the one and only time his parents went away and parked a spotlight in the street in front of their house. I don't remember how long they had it on, But it wasn't more than an hour.

Pima County, AZ regulations:
Section 105 Prohibitions 105.1 Bottom mounted sign lighting. Bottom mounted outdoor sign lighting attached to the sign structure shall not be used. 105.2 Mercury vapor lamps and fixtures. The use installation, sale, offer for sale, lease or purchase of any mercury vapor lamp for use as outdoor lighting is prohibited per ARS § 49-1104. 105.3 Laser source light. The use of laser source light or any similar high intensity light for outdoor advertising or entertainment, when projected above the horizontal, is prohibited. 105.4 Searchlights. The operation of searchlights for advertising purposes is prohibited.

(Dark sky regulations)
I never knew there were so many regulations in AZ concerning signs, until I took a stab at outdoor advertising.
I was forced to play many games with P&Z, and the highway dept, but in the end, they almost always won.

Good god, what a cute little car!!!! And I had that Evil Knievel toy!!

Growing up in NYC I had a neighbor that had two, one for him and one for her. Think they did 0-68 in about 30 seconds.

When the time came he replaced his with a Beetle. Quite a few of them around at that time.

Helms bakery card in a window letting the helms bakery wooden vans that you wanted to purchase their baked goods.
Radiator water bags.

Good god, what a cute little car!!!! And I had that Evil Knievel toy!!
I forgot about this thread until I got a notification of your post and completely forgot I started it. :D I’ll have to have another look through it.
My younger brother got an Evil Knievel toy for Christmas one year.

CE324A0C-EDD8-4944-B322-BE3CF6654EC7.jpeg
Haven’t checked if this has been posted before. A couple of days ago, as we took the car to be serviced, we went into a pub. There was a breathalyser machine on the wall. I said to wifey that I miss seeing cigarrette machines in pubs even though I smoked very little. Juke boxes are another thing I miss.

Back
Top Bottom