Things you learn the hard way. Please contribute.

Don't count on ANYTHING! Just found out today that the bosses want to replace the green hornet and with a truck with an auto-RALPH-matic transmission! :yikes:

NEVER leave the chicken on the grill unattended! :(:D
Serving-Burnt-Chicken.jpg

Reminds me of my grandmother! She was used to no power steering or power brakes. My uncle tried to give her his vehicle that was equipped with power brakes and power steering, so she took it for a drive out here to see my parents (I own the house now). Poor little ole lady, she almost threw herself through the windshield!

Opposite side of this coin: When driving in the under-populated West, don't pass up a gas station just because the tank is nearly half full and you are on the interstate. Otherwise, (like me) you may find yourself coasting, engine off, no power brakes, no power steering, six hair-raising miles zigzagging down a Rocky Mountain before the next opportunity to fill up.

My dear ol` Grandma once mixed up the PolyGrip with the Preparation H....poor old girl couldn`t walk right for about a week....

And the corollary: Never arc / MIG weld without long sleeves and a shirt done up at the collar.....

Back in the 80s. a friend of mine taught me to ark weld. I never got certified, but I was pretty good at it and enjoyed it. I not only wore long pants and sleeves, but my friend insisted that I wore a welding apron too. I didn't argue with him at all.

I'm okay with the automatic transmission now that I know it's an Allison. Big time game changer! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom