Things you tell yourself and what they really mean

I don't have any pics of the living room at present but here's a couple of pics of what these look like. GRF Rectangles (folded horn design) w/ 15-inch Monitor Gold.

649263819_large_1470bd36bc5a6073dedfdd425d4773ea.jpg

2.jpg
Those are 15" woofers? Where are the tweeters (and do forgive my ignorance)? About how tall are they?

Whew! I Googled them and they are not cheap! Wonder how tough it'd be to clone them? I can do the carpentry part. I'm guessing they sound "BIG" and commanding.

Last edited:
"There's no market for all the BPC I've accumulated, so not worth trying to sell it."

Means, it's too much of a PITA to sell it and it's just good enough that I don't want to part with it.

"I want to have an example of several different turntable designs to compare them."

Means, heck, I just like to collect the darn things.

"There's no market for all the BPC I've accumulated, so not worth trying to sell it."

Means, it's too much of a PITA to sell it and it's just good enough that I don't want to part with it.
Conrad, I know exactly what you mean!

Todays example

"That tube unit on CL looks like the perfect candidate to be my very first tube amp rebuild(with the help of the very knowledgeable folks on AK)." - "How many 'perfect candidates' am I going to see, before I decide to purchase one that's already plug-n-play?"

Mark

FYI,

True story. I started out buying my hoard of tubes so I would have tubes on hand to do all those restorations I planned. Who wants to be bothered buying tubes on-line and waiting for them to show up. I can count on one hand how many restorations that I actually needed a tube from my horde. But hey I have plans. Big million tube plans!!!

At least I don't have a every resistor or every capacitor needed for restorations collection (Well not yet)

And you up in the balcony. I know you know what I mean.

Frannie

After buying, restoring & setting up more than 40 retro (PC) systems, I said to myself how I'm through collecting retro computer parts and that now is the best time to stop...

Meaning: It's time to switch to something smaller ... phono cartridges, perhaps? :D

"That'll be my next project" usually it means that it'll just be another iron in the fire, always more projects than time.

These will be the last set of speakers I'll ever need!

Meaning - These will temporarily give me that much-needed dopamine fix, and after the honeymoon is over, they'll be relegated to the garage/attic/mother in law house.

I've only said that once so far, and I'm good going on... A year or so. The honeymoon is ongoing. But it's only a matter of time.

I really like ramen noodles, the flavor choice is fun!

Means: I spent way beyond the Audio kitty on that had to have amp, and now I cannot wait til payday.

"I think I'll take a quick look through the first few pages of nearby Craigslist electronics to see if anything peaks my interest."
means
"I haven't bought anything that I really don't need recently so if I see a good deal on some type of audio gear I'm gonna jump all over it!"

Hold my beer!
Means: call 911.
skbubba, Today at 6:24 PM

Being from N Illinois I can't pass up a good Wisco joke....

When the car is sliding into the ditch in a snowstorm folks from 49 states say "OH SH**T" while a Wisconsinite says "Hold my beer and watch this!"

"I'll have to wait till next summer to build the 6-ft tall cabinets for these line arrays so I can do it in the garage where there's plenty of space."

means

"OMG I forgot how many broken audio things are already in the basement shop, I can hardly turn around, what was I thinking when I collected 96 4" drivers?"

Back
Top Bottom