Thinking of MC152 and C47

kingstoneage

I'm thinking of purchasing a MC152 and C47.

At the moment i use a MA6600 and D150 with my MCT450 and my XR50 speakers.

I could sell my MA6600 and D150.

Would this be a useful update?

What do you think?

Seems like a lateral move at best. I can't imagine an improvement in sound over your MA6600 / D150 / MCT450. Your rather inefficient XR50's are actually losing a bit of power.

I may be a horizontal move now, but in the future if you want to move up to a different pre-amp or a different amp you can in steps. You might consider a pre-amp with graphic controls in the future, you might be surprised. You might want to become adventurous and try a tube piece. All this can happen with this first step. If its to be a final step. May I suggest a MA8000 or a C-52 and 2 MC301 or 2 601's.

Reasons of the change? MA6600 and D150 are very current.
I may be a horizontal move now, but in the future if you want to move up to a different pre-amp or a different amp you can in steps. You might consider a pre-amp with graphic controls in the future, you might be surprised. You might want to become adventurous and try a tube piece. All this can happen with this first step. If its to be a final step. May I suggest a MA8000 or a C-52 and 2 MC301 or 2 601's.
Thanks for your reply!
The MA8000 isn't an alternative for me because it has no digital inputs for the SACD signals.........
Two MC301 or 601's are maybe too much for my XR50s speakers.........
OK maybe they are too expensive for me at the moment!
I also think of just upgrading my MA6600 with an MA7900 and hold my D150.
But then i don't need the DAC inside the MA7900.......hmm?

Seems like a downgrade as far as loss of power just to have separates. Save your money until you can afford an actual upgrade. Doesn't the 6600 have a amp input? You could start with the C47.

Seems like a downgrade as far as loss of power just to have separates. Save your money until you can afford an actual upgrade. Doesn't the 6600 have a amp input? You could start with the C47.

Hmm i'm not sure if i can use the MA6600 as an amp only?
If this would be possible, a C47 purchase would be a good first step!

Honestly i listened only 5 or 6 hours to my new combo yet.......too much work this week.......but i'm overwhelmed how clear and strong the combo sound instead of my MA6600.
I like the phono-stage very much, way better than the one in my previous integrated amp!

I have the feeling that the MC152 has a little bit more power than the MA6600 even the MC152 is only rated at 150watts.....

Back
Top Bottom