Thinking of MC152 and C47

How does the D150 DAC really compare to the DAC's in the C47 and C52? The above poster said the DAC in the C47 is better than the D150, but I find this hard to believe. D150/C47/C52 DAC hardware and technical specs would be very useful.

Both D150 and C52 / C47 use McIntosh HD DACs which play PCM and DSD files. The C47 / C52 do run at a higher speed which allows DSD256 over the lower DSD128 on D150. How many actually use these file types? Not many.

There is no reason that the DACs in C47 and C52 do not sound as good as the D150.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Only got problems with my C47 playing 256DSD files with my iMac/Audirvana system........the system doesn't show the ability of my C47 to play such files/resolution....???

Only got problems with my C47 playing 256DSD files with my iMac/Audirvana system........the system doesn't show the ability of my C47 to play such files/resolution....???

If you want to play DSD files you will need a music program that supports DSD. JRivers is the one we use. Flawless with Hi-Res and DSD files.

Thanks,
Ron-C

C47 and C52 both play DSD256 without issue. Of course they need this signal from the computer.

Thanks,
Ron-C

So Ron.....any chance Mc will introduce a SS pre without a DAC in the near future? :idea:

Sure, we just did, C47 and C52. Just go into the set up menu and set each digital input to OFF. You can have it your way!

Thanks,
Ron-C

After two weeks of intensive listening i have to say the MC152 is a very good and solid amp!

Last edited:
Hi kingstoneage,

I am in a similar position - I have an MA6600 + D100 and have been bitten by the upgrade bug. I am leaning towards the C47 + MC152 combo as well. It sounds like you are happy with the upgrade. Do you have any regrets at this point?

-Matt

Back
Top Bottom