This is about as much DIY as I can handle!!

ProAc_Fan

Addicted Member
I bought a speaker kit from stryke audio. I got theS1- MTM kit which includes all the drivers, crossover components and the raw cabinet in 3/4 MDF. I think this will be perfect for my skill level ( or better said lack of it) I just want to try my hand at this. Botrytis turned me on to this company as he is also building the exact same kit.

Mike

Looks good Mike, You'll be able to use your soldering iron from Joan of Arc Welders

Alan

Originally posted by Dave918
Can't wait to see some pics Dave. You guys have me considering a little DIY project.

-Dave

Won't you first have to add on to yr house to make room for any more speaks, Dave?

:rolleyes: :p:

Originally posted by botrytis
Hard to see inside, but it is coated well!!!

Looks like that car undercoating tar stuff LOL!

Does it dry sticky or does it stay wet?

What type black paint did you use?

Looks great, so far, keep the pics coming!

Hello Dave,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, your crossovers are built wrong. The inductors should be mounted at 90deg to each other. The crossover schematic points this out by showing one inductor laying flat (round one) and the 0.25mH inductor standing on end. Your pictures of the finished crossovers have both inductors laying flat.

By laying both inductors flat next to each other, they are coupling magnetically and changing the crossover point.

Did you use any solder when putting together your x-overs? Did you glue down the inductors now that they are correctly positioned?

Been thinking of giving the smaller 2 way they sell a try. I just need a speaker that the kids can watch Tv or listen to a bit of music on. Less wear on my Ohm's...

Back
Top Bottom