THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHERS TD-124

Cool project! Just noticed this one. :)

I realize that there are a lot of skeptics out there but running dual belts on a turntable is nothing new. On a 124 yes. A lot of TT company's are running dual belts in fact I have seen some with 3 belts. Must be a reason why?
Speed stability, naturally. ;) Although the belts on your TD 124 early in this thread remind me more of the belts we used to sell when I was in industrial distribution. :D

But anyway, I have been looking for someone to make a dual pulley for my Pro-Ject turntable, and so far have come up empty. I want to run two belts on it also.

Had one more trick up my sleeve. Stock step pulley weighted in at 55grams my modified pulley weights a whopping 243grams. Over a half pound. Should work like a flywheel and help with speed stability. I made the pulleys so they could be taking apart so I could add or subtract weight. IMG_0421.JPG IMG_0423.JPG

Last edited:
Thor is almost finished. Chassis is mounted to the plinth all wiring is connected. When the motor cover is on you would never know there are dual belts under it.IMG_0439.JPG IMG_0450.JPG

We had a snow storm today and dropped 6" of snow. So I will be cleaning it up tomorrow so hopefully Friday I will finish it up and should be spinning some albums.

I am seriously curious how this all works out when it gets to make music. I forget what the arm is going to be.... probably somewhere back in the thread there and I should go and look, right?

Ok motor running with phone sitting on the bearing. Motor cover off. Everything is new so with some brake in it will be quite as a mouse. If it wasn't for the light and the pulleys spinning you would know it was running. IMG_0451.JPG

Back
Top Bottom