This is the tuner I wanted

grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1377412151

I got busy around the house and forgot to snipe it. I was glad to see his reserve was not meet so I shoot off an Email to the seller asking if he would share his reserve with me. His reply was 700.00. F that !. maybe if it was a Mac tuner I would think about that kinda money but for a Marantz no way !. for a while 10B's were selling in the 1000-1200 range. If I was spending 700 I would just pony up the difference. As a seller I love high prices but as a buyer no way :D Is that 2110 really worth 700 bucks... Maybe in last years market but not now. Just so you know I was not trying to lowball him I figured 500-600 was the average selling price ( I could be wrong) I was gonna offer 425.00 after all the thing aint mint or even near mint by a long shot ! For now I am through looking for tuners. The Mac can sit and I am concentrating on getting a Nice TT to replace my crapped out Thorens

Grumpy

I seriously doubt he is going to get his reserve
in this market. Nice TT shain. Alittle outta my league :eek:

Grumpy

Last edited:
<start drooling> Oracle </stop drooling>

I wish, but only in my dreams or at least, until my company is bought or IPO's.

Outa your league ?? Not a chance !!

Your a Mac man now!!! Nothing but the best for Grumpy!

:king: :king:

Maybe should change your Grumpy to KING MAC!!

Caviar taste on a Burger King budget. No Oracles in this poor boys future. :(

Well the seller may have to change his expectations if he actually wants to sell the thing. Make no mistake the Marantz 'scope tuners do carry a collector's premium that's for sure. However that's easy for me to say because I already have my Marantz peice safely in hand, a model 19 receiver that has the 20B tuner circuitry stuffed inside.

For sure if your going to keep the classic Mac amp you need to pair it with a tuner that pleases you as well as having decent performance. The 2110 would be a bitchin' stable mate that's for sure. Not to worry that right thing will show up in it's time, it always does.

Lefty

Grumpy King Mac?

Shain careful with the "Mac" name suggestions l'm a little sensitive since that company name a hamburger after me "The Big Mac". No thanks; royalities;nothing.

:(

Now Grumpy being a "Mac" man does that mean he thinks and acts like me?:cool:

Grumpy l got a digital camera you knowwhat that means; web site thong etc first pay check l'll buy you a turntable.:D

Back
Top Bottom