this is vinyldavid's girlfriend

dulcimerlex

Hello.

My name is Alexis...
I'm vinyldavid's girlfriend.
He made me an AK account :eek:

so... he told me to tell people about myself....

ummm.. well, I like the same sort of music as David does... I don't know nearly as much as he does, though...

I play a musical instrument called the hammered dulcimer.

I like the color blue a lot... and I like to eat watermelon in the middle of the night during the summer... and I like rusty things... trees... pictures of things... rain : D ... taking walks... I like people but I guess I don't talk a lot... books... and I have a more recent fondness for these AK smilies :lmao: ...

that's all I can really think to say...

:yippy: hehe

Welcome, lovely Alexis!

Photo_040508_001.jpg

I also love the smilies.

Welcome to AK. I don't think we have another dulcimer player in the bunch. It is a fairly rare musical instrument with a very haunting sound. Are you into American folk music or Bluegrass by any chance? What music do you play? Tell us more.

Hi Alexis! I think we have the watermelon thing in common.:tresbon::thmbsp:

Oh yeah... Also the smiley face thing.:D:yes:

What a beautiful instrument, the hammered dulcimer ! I remember being enchanted by a lady playing one over in the mountains of North Carolina where I was visiting about 1964... Welcome to AK ! You have a Fine Feller for yrself, young lady ! (grin)

Welcome to AK. I don't think we have another dulcimer player in the bunch. It is a fairly rare musical instrument with a very haunting sound. Are you into American folk music or Bluegrass by any chance? What music do you play? Tell us more.

I play mostly American folk... my teacher is in an old time string band, so that's what I play, too

I don't play as much bluegrass simply because my teacher doesn't like it as much

I play some Celtic stuff too

Welcome to Audiokarma Alexis! Hope you enjoy your stay as much as VinylDavid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Alexsis. Greetings from the Great White North! I am relatively new too and it is a terrific place.

DK

Back
Top Bottom