this is vinyldavid's girlfriend

Welcome Alexis,

Hammered dulcimer is one of my favorite instruments! I first discovered it at a rennaisance festival, and I go to those mainly for the music anymore. Jem Moore is my favorite dulcimer artist. His style is kind of modern twists on old folk and classical themes.

You seem like a class act. I don't really know David but I wish you both much happiness!

- jw

.....Alexis, I can see why David is enamored with you....absolutely beautiful face mixed with cuteness, what a combo....Welcome, Young Lady, to AudioKarma.....

Welcome, Alexis! Please put me on a list to hear your recordings when they are done! David is great guy. He reminds me of a very good friend of mine, even looks like him (when he was in High School!)

ASk and you shall receive. Sound card comes in 2 days, and I recorded her playing 16 songs (some very short) on a 1800 foot Maxell UD35-90 tape at 15ips, and when i replayed it, WOW. AMAZING. Only one side is done, and I will be hopefully filling the other side as I can. I used a Shure Uniphone B mic (ancient) and EV N/D-50 mic (both borrowed from my school), with Tascam M30 mixer, and Teac A-3340S R2R

I can only hope that the greatness will carry over to the digital transfer.

BTW, thanks to 2dualsnotenough for the tape. :thmbsp:

I think it is because it stands in such contrast to all that we see and hear in the news lately. It's one of my favorite threads because it is all good and so refreshing. :thmbsp:

Somehow I don't thing we are done quite yet. :D

I think not.

There will be a YouTube video coming soon......hint hint it involves a dulcimer and a R2R. :D

The tape:

IM000800.jpg

The mikes:
IM000801.jpg

The tape label:
IM000802.jpg

Got the video edited and it is uploading to youtube now. Depending on when it finishes, I shall post a link today or tomorrow.

my channel page is /turntablesrock

Just search for Teac and 1776 and you'll find it...

Back
Top Bottom