This needs to make a comeback

that's ken nordine doing voice, the king god of all voice-over work. do a google on him. i've got a signed KN album i picked up a while back. it's cool. in the late 50's he recorded 'word jazz', one of the grail documents of the period's hipster world.

Oh, boy, oh boy, oh boy...Lemme go dig out my puke green polyester leisure suit, ersatz Hawaiian flowerdy shirt, white Ultra-Sheen Disco Boots, the necklace/medallion that looks like either an ashtray or a medal a Latin American Dictator would give himself, & I'll be all set...Crank up the bubble machine and/or the mirrored disco ball, we gonna boogie tonite !!

Ahhh... I don't think those pants ever REALLY caught on. Not where I was anyway. I seem to remember seeing them once in a while, at a Rock concert maybe, being worn by the MEGA-ULTRA most spaced out Hippie there... of course.

Most people just seemed to wear those plain old "dull" jeans and T's back then.

Last edited:
Yeah, seems like evry time I remember seeing somebody in pants like that, he was the guy who was the rep from the outfit who was running the concessions...35, 40 maybe,trying to get the Coke machine set up, DESPERATELY trying to look "cool" to all the kids there...generally, WAY too old, & more importantly, way too FAT to fit into a pair of pants like those...Think Avery Schreiber...<grin>

HAHAHA this thread turned out to me WAY funnier than I anticipated ROFL

speaking of hippes....last night I'm watching family guy....Peter Griffin goes to this chuck-e-cheez type place, and there is one of those "rooms full of colorfull plastic balls" and there is a sign that says "you must be this high" being held by a stereotypical hippie looking dude....with REEEEEEAL squintey eyes....hillarious.

Hmmmm....I just KNEW reading National Lampoon for nearly 20 years, perusing Mad for several years B4 that, & reading almost everything P.J.O'Rourke wrote MIGHT have an effect on me...Being a sarcastic bast*rd kinda helps, too...

Back
Top Bottom