This week's been a ride...

N8Nagel

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Have had an absolutely astonishing audio week...

1) the Marantz 4270 that a friend of mine from college gave me should be done soon. Tech wanted a new MPX board to fix the tuner and I got one off eBay for dirt cheap. Should be in tomorrow.

2) From BT, I have coming a Marantz CD-400 CD-4 decoder

3) Also from BT I have coming some Wharfedale purple tweeters that I've needed for my W70Ds for something like two years.

4) on eBay last night, someone posted the original manual for a Pilot 654 (a unit that has special sentimental significance for me) last night for a reasonable BIN (which I of course jumped on; I have the same document but it is missing the last page), and the seller now tells me he has a NFG but complete 654 in storage. Hoping for some old but good 7591s!

5) due to all the above I actually did not bid aggressively on a Marantz SQA-2 that sold for about half of what I expected. I hope that I do not regret this in the future.

I don't know what's going on but I've had searches set up for all of this stuff for literally years and now it's all falling from the sky simultaneously... Now I just need to find that magical deal on McIntosh stuff so I can try something that I haven't tried yet :) Oh, and money. I need more money...

So it's kept going... 4270 is back and sounds really nice. Dragged out an old HK 775 mono amp as someone reminded me of it. Tech says it needs a new power switch. Got a line on another, and have picked up a CD-400 and a much better scope off AK. Going to have to have a gear cull soon...

Have had an absolutely astonishing audio week...

1) the Marantz 4270 that a friend of mine from college gave me should be done soon. Tech wanted a new MPX board to fix the tuner and I got one off eBay for dirt cheap. Should be in tomorrow.

2) From BT, I have coming a Marantz CD-400 CD-4 decoder

3) Also from BT I have coming some Wharfedale purple tweeters that I've needed for my W70Ds for something like two years.

4) on eBay last night, someone posted the original manual for a Pilot 654 (a unit that has special sentimental significance for me) last night for a reasonable BIN (which I of course jumped on; I have the same document but it is missing the last page), and the seller now tells me he has a NFG but complete 654 in storage. Hoping for some old but good 7591s!

5) due to all the above I actually did not bid aggressively on a Marantz SQA-2 that sold for about half of what I expected. I hope that I do not regret this in the future.

I don't know what's going on but I've had searches set up for all of this stuff for literally years and now it's all falling from the sky simultaneously... Now I just need to find that magical deal on McIntosh stuff so I can try something that I haven't tried yet :) Oh, and money. I need more money...

It's fun when it works out like that :)

Great post!

Kind Regards,
John

Back
Top Bottom