THOR gets a Job!!!!

Thanx cats keep looking I only finally got one after sending out about 50 cover letters and resumes.

Some good sources for ME residents, besides using the classifieds in the papers, which you can usually check online,

www.monster.com

and

www.jobsinme.com

Also have your cover letter and resume on the computer in Word cause you can attach them an email them to most of the employers who come up in your searches on those sites. I would check those sites and the Bangor Daily News every morning and probably averaged sending one CL & Res. out everyday either by email or snail mail. Good luck.

Been away ...

Congratulations, well done.

Bring forward that PC upgrade now yes? :)

Well I passed my physical and went yesterday to HR and filled out the paperwork then I called my new boss and I start work at 8:00am Monday morning :D

They pay every two weeks so I won't see my first check till August 9th but boy what a day that will be!

I want to thank all of you who gave me advice back on AU because it really helped and I actually used alot of it to get me through the interview for this job, it was a tough one with 3 people all sitting there firing questions at me. So once again thank you guys.

Interviewer 1...Why should we hire you?
Thor.... Because I like MP3's.
Interviewer 2....Why should we hire you?
Thor..... Because I have the Biggest Baddest speakers
on Earth.
Interviewer 3.....Why should we hire you?
Thor..... Uh,.....because I have Big Knobs?
Your hired!!!!
:D :D :D :D
Well enjoy your first day of work, Me and the big G will be thinkin' of ya, well, probably not, but it's the thought that counts.
During the stress of the first day, just keep thinking Big Knobs and Music, Big Knobs and Music, works for me everytime.

Hey Thor, gotta love those medicals eh?

I had one before I got my job ... the doctor (male) is checking around, "uh, pants down please", so I cringe and obey, he checks around ... LIFTS IT UP! WTF, and I'm like, "what the hell you expecting to find under there!!" :D LOL ...

Hope the new job is going well anyway buddy ...

It's going good but THOR is very tired, not used to standing for about 7 hours a day, once I get back into the swing of things it will be better, still alot to learn and the guy who I am taking over for is done Friday so the next few weeks will be tough, when I have more time I will give a fuller description of my duties and some of the personalities I have met already.

Son,

We call that WORK. Welcome to the rest of your life! :p:

Unless the stock market keeps on going down the toilet, I should be able to retire in 7 years. It is, trust me, my goal in life! :p:

Well I worked my whole life until I went to college 6 years ago and then I worked and went to school so I am no stranger to it. Just I had a job that was about 60% desk work and 40% standing/walking, this job is about 95% standing/walking and 5% desk work so I am not used to it. Back in my early teens I worked in a warehouse and regularly woorked 12 hours standing in front of a ciggarette stamping machine so I just gotta get my feet and lower back used to it again and things will be easier ;)

Back
Top Bottom