Thor, MP3 users...

i have about 1000 tracks on my harddrive ( shh ) about 200 are stuff i ripped off cds i bought. but the rest well.... although when i go online to download something usually to try out a new artist and see if i like them before i go out and spend 18+ dollars for a cd. well i have it set so that i am not sharing any of the files i downloaded so i dont think id have anything to worry about.

RIAA: :uzi: :rant: :gigglemad :boxing: :thumbsdn: :butt1: :bash: :finger: :twak: :mad:

I DL but really don't share any, I keep 8-10 songs in a file to share since many users won't share with you if you don't share, I rarely even download songs nowaday's unless I hear something new I want so I am not worried ;)

Hey Thor

Just outta curiosity, do you have a cd collection at all ? IMO thats part of the fun. I`ve been going on a tangent of sorts here lately buying all sorts of cd`s (and lps) and its a frickin ball !! Like I said, just curious :)

Have a good`n

J :cool:

That whole thing is just bullshit! Sales are down cause CD's are a damm ripoff!!! $15 - $20 ???? When CD's took over from tapes, the industry told us that this new format would be cheap to start and then get cheaper as the years went on.
i say F*CK the music industry and its' exec's! keep sharing music alive!!
And screw Lars Ulrich too, as long as I'm ranting!! :twak:

Actually IIRC Metallica has had a change of heart when it comes to "sharing" music files. Personally I think auditioning new music by file sharing only aids in selling CD's for the artists. There are plenty of new bands who's CD's I've purchased because I've had the chance to listen to some of their songs via DL from Kazaa. If I didn't already enjoy the songs I wouldn't blindly purchase their CD from the local record store.

Mike

As much as I've ranted in the past about about file sharing, (although only about those who download & never buy), I also think it's BS. Like Pro... I use file sharing to find new artists as well as rare & unavailable recordings.

The big Corporations have turned the music business into a joke anyway. Just turn on your radio... What do you hear... CRAP... CRAP... & MORE CRAP. Most all the bands IMHO are just watered down versions of things that have already been done, but better. (not to mention all the Britneys & Boy Groups).

Myself, I'll continue to support the artists that I find worthy by buying their products, but I'm with Mr. Natural on this one... F*CK the current music industry & what it stands for, (which isn't much.)

Moon

And just for fun... In case you missed it... Click PLAY NOW & enjoy.
http://www.campchaos.com/cartoons/napsterbad/napsterbad_56k.html

I once had a CD collection of 350 + CD's, probably 80% of my MP3's were songs on these CD's, when I found the ease and joy of MP3's I sold my whole collection for anywheres from $5 to $1 a piece.

Back
Top Bottom