Thor

Thatch_Ear

Addicted Member
Better let us know what you have in mind, I will help you all that I can, but if your excitement level goes down , all my levels go down. I do have 2 Coors lamps, but will not look for clocks etc untill you figure out what you can do vs what you want. You want to do the kegs and do them as the best Keg speakers that will ever be made then I am with you all the way. Just because I want to know. You want to go just far enough to keep them from sounding like crap, then you are are your own. Basically I want some type of vebal commitment that you will build these the very best you can no matter what and you got me. If you think that you will do this half assed in any way at all because of who will be listening to it or the conditions they will be listening to under then I will withdraw my patronage. Guys, let's make this a group project with Thor the project manager. After all it really is a first as far as I know. TimKam can patent it and put all those billions back into the site!
Thatch

Hey, David, I'm thinking it will be difficult to use a decent 12-incher with the EMIT in a simpler 2-way system.
The EMIT is a super little tweeter, still think it's a great idea to use in the Kegger's.
Any ideas about a woofer, yet?
Pioneer's W25GR31-51F, a 10-in with butyl rubber surround, might be an idea. Upper limit to 6K Hz.
With a very steep slope for the EMIT, might be an idea?
this Pioneer has a nice paper cone ...

I'm Back!!

Yes you definetely have my commitment to build the best keggers we can, remember that even tho these will go to a friend I still have a reputation to uphold since they all think of me as the "Speaker Gawd" from coming over my house so they gotta sound good and I will post pics all along the way, lets just try to keep the cost down and not go crazy ;)

The EMITs came with a 10"ers but the cabs were much smaller than a Keg. If there was room for a 15" I would suggest that. The higher SPL on the woof and a cross at 5K or higher ought to protect the EMITs. The size of the woofer I don't think will matter a whole lot. The ribbon is goind to be the only outward firing driver and is on top of that the fastest. A more sensitive driver even if it is firing down might close that phasing gap a bit. Another reason to have the EMIT sideways. They should be hung from the rafters by chains with the woof at one end and the tweet at the other but Thor wants floor sitters. Try and imagine AC/DC so loud you have to shout when you talk. The type of tweeter that Thor needs are cheap. These will be if he gets this thing rolling.
Thatch

Did you check out the pics of the keg with the 12" Altec woofer sitting on it?? Does it look like a 15" er might fit?

Drag the keg into Rat Shack and lay one one there to see. You just could starting a revolution in the speaker business.:D

NO! It is top secret! If they work good we will start a business! Damm if only Waynes World was still popular we could make a killing!

Back
Top Bottom