Thorens TD-125 Arm Board

AudioSoul

Does anyone have the dimensions of this arm board that they can share? I am expecting delivery of a TD-125 with out arm board and I want to get a head start on making one. Thanks

It is very difficult to measure the exact location of the 3 mounting holes on the armboard. Any suggestion on how to drill them precisely for a Thorens TD-125 Mark-II?

It is easy to measure the outside dimensions and the angle of the inside edge off the TP-16 board I removed from the turntable. I bought a pre-drilled hardwood TD125 armboard off e-bay. The mounting holes are too big and their location all off making it possible to line up one of the 3 holes despite the oversized holes.

I will try to make my own armboard out of 1/2" birch plywood this time. Cutting the board on my miter saw is not difficult. I measured the hole location off the original board too. I would appreciate any information to confirm my measurement and any tip on precision drilling of the holes.

The tonearm to be mounted is a Technics EPA-102L with 242mm effective length and 15mm overhang. The arm comes with a mounting template. Any suggestion on the lateral location of the arm hole from the armboard inside edge?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom