Thorens TD-165 vs. TD-150 MkII

doka_90

I am looking at replacing my Beogram 1700 with a Thorens...I have been looking at two locally available TT, a 150 and a 165. The 165 is complete (stylis, cart, cover) and is in great shape. The 150 is missing the cover and headshell (tp50) is an extra. Also no stylis....I am leaning to the 150 but this will create more money....
TD-150 is asking $190 and the TD-165 is asking $250
pat

Yes, the TD 150 is available, but I have no idea what he is asking or what it would be worth. He actually has 2 of these, which I would gladly keep in the AK family.
-pat

The headshell is critical if you want the TD 150.

Trying to secure one afterwards would be a major pain most of time.

Make sure you get a proper belt.

It may cost a bit more, it is worth it.

Good luck with which ever one you decide on. :music:

All i can say is that I love my TD 150 mkII. I had a TD125 with a Thorens TP 16...and i like my TD 150mkII much better.

Hi,
I would go with the TD150 I love my very modified TD150. If the seller does not have the tonearm head shell they can be hard to find.What I'd do is get a new tonearm like a Jelco SA-250ST very good arm that can be had for $299.
IMG_1350.jpg

I like all Thorens TT's but I agree with the others that the TD-150 is the better deck of the two that you have listed.
Here is a photo of my slightly modified TD-150. Besides the custom subplinth and cones/cups, it has a Rega RB300 tone arm, Sorbothane dampened internals, and a custom formed plexi dust cover. There is a lot that you can do to these.

Al. Wise

Attachments

• My Thorens TD-150.jpg
    My Thorens TD-150.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom