Thorens: Which one is for me?

As posted earlier, you better make sure your floors don't vibrate and you are willing to hang the TT on the wall if they do. I bought a 160 from a friend who was moving and if it weren't for the cheap price I paid I would have a useless expensive cabinet ornament. The Thorens and all like suspended TTs are incompatible with my floors and hanging some monstrosity on the wall would have caused me and all my crap to be thrown out of the house tout suite. It's now the TT I use in my unfinished basement stereo system which isn't all that often.

datsunmike said:
As posted earlier, you better make sure your floors don't vibrate and you are willing to hang the TT on the wall if they do. I bought a 160 from a friend who was moving and if it weren't for the cheap price I paid I would have a useless expensive cabinet ornament. The Thorens and all like suspended TTs are incompatible with my floors and hanging some monstrosity on the wall would have caused me and all my crap to be thrown out of the house tout suite. It's now the TT I use in my unfinished basement stereo system which isn't all that often.

I have never had any problem with my Thorenses from acoustic pickup from a wood floor. The only problem I've had is mechanical disturbance from people with heavy footsteps. I fixed that by attaching the stereo cabinet to the wall with brackets at the top rear corners.

Back
Top Bottom