Those darn women........

chadnliz

Addicted Member
Well we were all set to go to Detroit, had a ton of beer (Kentucky Bourbon barrel ale and stout, Dirty Bastard, and some other exotics) had the music all picked out, the van full of gas and bags packed.
Then one of the wives HAS to make a side trip to drop off a care package to a kid in college so it all fell apart, we are talking a near 3 hour detour id all goes right then there is the added social visit that could make it even more lengthy.
So it all the sudden just didnt make sense so your gonna be several folks short of original RSVP.
The friends wife was originally just goin along to stop and see friends up in the Detroit area but she decided that wasnt good enough.......everything turned to shit.
Have fun all..and like we say in Cleveland with sports.............maybe next year!

Give the wives the keys to the van, borrow or rent a car and leave for Novi now!

Better to beg forgivness than ask permission....

I'd honestly tell them where to go,then go by myself. Perhaps this is why I am not married, though it's not for a lack of chances.

Well I agree but its not my wife and I am disabled so I dont drive, just another one of those things that happen. I do live by the "happy wife, happy life" modo but she is a trying soul. I was really looking forward to meeting the owner from Tyler Accoustics, I have had many conversations with him and almost bought his speakers twice. Have fun all..see ya next year!

The friends wife was originally just goin along to stop and see friends up in the Detroit area but she decided that wasnt good enough.......everything turned to shit.

You know it's a real shame when one inconsiderate dimwit who apparently thinks the world revolves around them ruins an event for several others.

Someone really should straighten her out. I feel for your friend. :yes:

You can feel free to send all that great beer to Detroit. I got an address where you can send it and it'll get cared for and put to extremely good use.

You can feel free to send all that great beer to Detroit. I got an address where you can send it and it'll get cared for and put to extremely good use.

HA! Having a "Ears and Beers" tomorrow so dont count on any being left:D

Sorry to hear you couldn't make it. Was looking forward to meeting you.

Tell it "NO". How does one guy let his SO wreck everybody's trip? Better yet , how did all of you let his SO ruin it? Geez. Different strokes.....

Speaking from experience and also being the wife of Grumpy, I don't honestly think that alot of wives/girlfriends/women "get it". When I say that, I am referring to AKfest and the audio world. I can say this because before Grumpy I was probably one of them.

When the fest was started in the old dreary hotel, I could understand that there really was nothing for the women to do. But now, the hotel we have has alot to offer. Even if this was the first time, and there were alot of spouses this year who it was their first time, their was alot of things that they could do. Within a few miles were nice shopping malls, movie theaters, fine dining restaurants, and the hotel offered transportation to all.

I truly wish that more women would come, I think that they would realize that it is more fun than they thought. But most importantly they would find some of the most genuine people who can/will become lifelong friends.

Nancy

Looks like you guys had a fantastic time and hope to see you next year!
For a little back ground, my friend is married to an Asian woman and its just their nature that if they dont see a value in something then they simply dont support it, its just the way it is.

Oh I told my friend to keep this one in his pocket and pull ut out this time next year so this doesnt happen again. I hope Tyler is back next year with his speakers, I have talked to him many times almost buying his speakers 2 times.....he is such a nice guy. Cheers

If your ever in the MN area I'm sure Retrostereo would be more than willing to open his doors so you could hear his new Tyler's. I was able to hear the speakers he won last year at AKfest and can't wait to hear his new speakers that he traded up for.

If your ever in the MN area I'm sure Retrostereo would be more than willing to open his doors so you could hear his new Tyler's. I was able to hear the speakers he won last year at AKfest and can't wait to hear his new speakers that he traded up for.

Tyler has a cool home demo deal and while MN isnt close perhaps I can at some point find another owner in a more reasonable distance, Cheers

And this is why I couldn't care less about being married. Me, myself and I. My rules. My way. Sex and company just ain't worth it imho. As Shrek said:

"I like my freedom"

Dave

And this is why I couldn't care less about being married. Me, myself and I. My rules. My way. Sex and company just ain't worth it imho. As Shrek said:

"I like my freedom"

Dave

um, ok lol:D

Like I said "happy wife, happy life" when your gal is happy there is nothing like it................and when she isnt THERE AINT NOTHING LIKE IT!:banana:

Back
Top Bottom