Those silly Pioneer Speaker connectors

thanks for the mouser link but how about this one
http://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Power-Connectors/Jones-Plugs-Sockets/_/N-axivw?Keyword=538-P-304H-CCT&FS=True

have not measured it but look like it my take the place of 2 of the other ones (303H)

I saw that before posting... and decided against mentioning it.

At $4.28 it's a gamble, and it's not good odds that the spacing is correct.

THEN if it doesn't fit, it's a complete loss. I refrain from giving questionable advice.

agree'd. but next time i order from them i think i'll take the chance, i'll post when ever that is. maybe this year?

I sincerely hope they fit. I will be watching... :D

But then four speakers will boil down to one connector. :scratch2:

Crackle and pop on a SX-525 with DIY speaker plugs

Hey there, I'm new to the group - I've just recently got my hands on a nicely working sx-525.

Bought it off ebay, and of course, no speaker plugs! So I tried the DIY solution that Oerets posted, and later markthefixer summarized - with the AC plug. Bent one prong, filed it down, attached my speaker wire to the screw terminals, and wrapped electrical tape around the whole shebang for insulation.

My issue is, theres a constant loud snap crackle and pop coming out the speakers along with my music - is this a bad connection for that speaker?

cinch inline connector for Pioneer receiver

Hi. I'm the new guy. Great site/resource.
I'm in the process of doing the cinch inline connectors solution for my Pioneer SX 440. The modification of those things to two-prong was a piece of cake.
Haven't hooked up the speakers yet, but am wondering, with the two "plug screws"/speaker wires mounted to the same metal brackets, will there be a phasing issue? Any need to introduce a separation between where the two wires connect for each speaker? Just don't want to risk harming my speakers.
Thanks for any advice.

I don't understand, there should NOT be any conduction between the pins except for the actual speaker, metal between the two contacts making contact with both would be a damaging direct short.

Thanks for the quick reply. And yes, as you'll see in the attached photo, both screws of the cinch plate connect the same two metal plates, without any interruption/separation of contact. Am I misunderstanding where the speaker wire should connect, or is there a need to introduce a gasket or something to keep the two separate?

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 389
I've got the cinch connectors in there, seems like a great solution. Question about hooking up speaker wire: The two metal plates out the back of the cinch connector are held on by the two screws I would have thought the speaker wire should be attached to. Only problem is, with the screws and plates touching, the two wires would both be on the same connection. How did you hook your speakers up using the cinch connector?

no no no those are outside strain relief clamps.

they have NOTHING to do with electrical connections. They are purely mechanical. To keep the wires from being ripped out of the connector.

The little pin on the opposite end of the black body, stuck in the side?

That pulls OUT, allowing the hood of the connector to be pulled away from the piece holding the connector blades sticking out the front. You will find places to connect the speaker wires INSIDE, which will be exposed when the hood is released from the pin.

Ah ha! Thanks, Mark.

When you open them,
(again? they were THREE pin connectors and they ARE plugged in, or did you cut it off from the outside?)

would you post a picture of them open and inserted in the Pioneer's connectors?

Would be a GREAT addition to the thread.

Last edited:
These were three-pin cinch connectors. Removing the hood (by pulling the tiny pin on the outside side), the middle pin was easy to twist and slide out. No need to cut it off from the outside.

Without the hoods, the backs of the connector-pins even have a hole to thread your speaker cable through. Hoods are pictured off to the side.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 415
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 385
Back
Top Bottom