Those things we buy just to throw away

We owe a lot to the Clean Water Act. Sometimes I think people don't realize or fully appreciate what things would be like if forward thinking people (on both sides of the aisle) hadn't made these laws in the early 1970s.

I predict that in future archeological digs our civilization will be referred to as 'The Plastic People.'
Why did I just think of "the Gods must be Crazy" movies...?

Thanks, you made me lose about 3 hours this morning reading about Perchlorate. There is a lot more to this story, countering arguments, and "scientists" that swear that above .00007 mg per KG per day is "actually" safe.... If you can't tell them the truth then muddy the water with expert witness that contradicts. Old Tactic.
My apologies for the broken sleep.l felt just as disturbed reading this and im new to information concerning this particular issue.
Fully understand the point youre making...are we in the Post-truth Age?

My apologies for the broken sleep.l felt just as disturbed reading this and im new to information concerning this particular issue.
Fully understand the point youre making...are we in the Post-truth Age?
Yes, it does seem that the word "truth" will just eventually find its own definition in the Marketing vernacular ...

My trash bag oddity is kind of the opposite....Trash cans that are bigger than the bags! Buy a perfectly good 32 gallon can and you have to stretchhhhhhhh the bag around it. For this reason I prefer 20 gallon ones like the Amazon listing.

Secondly, I DESPISE those disposable cleaning wipes! What a perfect example of waste! Buy a pack of 20 for $5 in a cute little plastic tub, use em once and toss em!

My trash bag oddity is kind of the opposite....Trash cans that are bigger than the bags! Buy a perfectly good 32 gallon can and you have to stretchhhhhhhh the bag around it. For this reason I prefer 20 gallon ones like the Amazon listing.

Secondly, I DESPISE those disposable cleaning wipes! What a perfect example of waste! Buy a pack of 20 for $5 in a cute little plastic tub, use em once and toss em!
I understand your aversion to the wipes. I have two young ones, and when I am changing a diaper, I sometimes use 6-8 of them... I love them for their convenience, yet hate their wastefulness.

I understand your aversion to the wipes. I have two young ones, and when I am changing a diaper, I sometimes use 6-8 of them... I love them for their convenience, yet hate their wastefulness.

Actually I was speaking more of the disposable cleaning cloths for household use, but baby wipes etc are not far off!

Personally I have a big handful of those microfiber cleaning cloths and they work great!
Even paper towels I use very sparingly....Only when I certainly dont want them back!

Ditto. A roll of paper towels would last 6 months in my kitchen if it weren't for Mrs. Tox. Me, I use sponges, dish cloths, towels and whenever I think they are getting funky I toss em in a little kitchen laundry basket. They get washed in hot water with a little bleach, all by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom