Thoughts and Prayers for Our Folks in the Path of Michael

savatage1973

Addicted Member
As it says, thoughts and prayers for all of our folks in the path of hurricane Michael--FL, AL, GA, especially.

Stay safe--hopefully you just got the hell out of there--it is looking ugly, and the worst is still to come. Stuff is just stuff--just stay safe.

Stay safe, we are seeing the rain now with more to come but nothing like the panhandle will get.

I know everybody has a tendency to say the new always exaggerates. I hope those in the bullseye zone bailed on this one.​

I've got a confession to make. Until now I viewed those folks who wouldn't evacuate ahead of a hurricane were fools and tough luck to whatever happened to them. After seeing some interviews of the people who didn't leave, I feel ashamed. Some said they weren't in the direct path and they knew there would be those who could use whatever help they could give after the storm passed. Others had elderly relatives who wouldn't go and they couldn't leave them behind or pets they had no place to take. Still others simply had no means to leave. Oh there are still some stubborn & stupid but not everybody fits that category. It would be great if we had some folks who could mobilize to get folks out on short notice ahead of the danger. Sort of like the Cajun Navy helps the Coast Guard and others after the storm.

My dad has a house in Quincy Florida. His Tennant's sent him some pictures of some big trees that got knocked down but word is the house is fine.

Back
Top Bottom