thoughts on crescendo cs3009's

I am not familiar with the "Reference Six" nomanclature.....Infinity re-uses so much, it is a bit mind-boggling......are they accoustic suspension ala the rs6001, or more akin to the Crescendo series......woof size??

Tell me about them....maybe a pic (??!!??):banana:

reference six are acoustic suspension 4-ways from the early 90s.

specs:

frequency response: 35Hz - 40kHz
crossover frequencies: 200Hz, 1.5kHz, 4kHz
sensitivity: 90dB
impedance: 6 ohms
power rating: 35 - 225 watts

woofer: 10" (25.4cm) IMG
mid-bass: 6" (15.2cm) IMG
midrange: 5" (12.7cm) IMG
tweeter: emit-r

Attachments

• ref six.jpg
    ref six.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 43
So pretty much an accoustic suspension version of the CS 3008.....Ya?

When my 3007's arrive, they will be the first ported Infinity's in the house.......Do have a set of SL 30's @ the office....surprisingly tight bass for a vented enclosure, even more unexpectedly, great mids considering they have no mid speaker.

I would like to get a set of Reference 2's....basically the accoustic suspension version of the SL30's....and have an "A speaker, B speaker" side-by-side comparison

But I digress...For now, I will continue to seek both the RS 6001's and the CS
3009's....both really tuff to find......

Hi. I own a pair of 3009s that I bought in 1993 from Circuit City. I've replaced the foams on all the woofers.
I'm kind of downsizing, and am considering getting rid of them. Any ideas what they're worth?

The CS series are a bit under the radar and kind of rare so all over the map pricewise. Research and do your best .

Hi. I own a pair of 3009s that I bought in 1993 from Circuit City. I've replaced the foams on all the woofers.
I'm kind of downsizing, and am considering getting rid of them. Any ideas what they're worth?

Questions of value are not allowed in this forum. You'll have to ask that in "Dollars and Sense".

I love them! Wide, flat frequency response, a fantastic directivity pattern, low distortion, low coloration and dirt cheap on the used market, especially when suffering from easy to cure foam rot. What's not to love?

I love them! Wide, flat frequency response, a fantastic directivity pattern, low distortion, low coloration and dirt cheap on the used market, especially when suffering from easy to cure foam rot. What's not to love?
Wut Audiomagnate said.
I own two pair of 3009, and three pair of 3007.

'nuff said.

No one would believe me if they didn’t see it so good thing I recorded it. Can’t download videos on here but I’ll add some still shots. Annual “dump month” in the city I live where you can put anything you want in front of your house and the city comes and throws it away. Pickers paradise. This particular morning I rolled up on these.....A65ED848-DC09-4557-AAC8-7FF0912EE2E9.jpeg6F296AE8-7437-4A17-86E4-91B8042D78E2.png

Infinity crescendo cs-3009
Perfect shape, no service required. Don’t mind if I do!
Makes up for all the lemons I’ve bought over the years.

Good Fricking Save !

Who in the hell just put 3009’s on the curb????????

Good for you the stars aligned !

Dusting off this old thread to ask some advice. I'm hankering after a pair of the 3009s I've had in my cart now for a while but I'm also hoping to use my Pioneer SX-780 as my daily driver with my dad's restored Dual 1228. Am I dreaming here (or worse, in for a nightmare when I ruin my amp, the tweeters or both!) by wishing I might drive the 3009s off the SX-780? At 90db sensitivity I was really hoping perhaps I could swing it with the Pioneer.

IF the Pioneer won't cut it and I risk clipping and damaging things - what about modifying my thinking to running the SX-780 as a preamp using the Tape out to an Adcom GFA-5400 which I'd use then as the power amp. Would that allow me to have fun with the vintage piece, connect my aux for spotify on my phone, and phono for the Dual but drive the 3009s with a safer 125wpc RMS?

3009 are much more efficient then most other classic infinity speakers, and do not present an insanely low impedence, so you're likely going to be fine with the SX-780, If you use the adcom, don't use tape out, it's not volume adjustable, and will send full signal to the adcom. Use the pre outs if you have them. if not.... don't go.

one pair of 3009 is in my front room as I speak. Of course, I'm feeding them waay more watts then they ever need, 350ish. but they usually only see maybe 5 watts.

3009 are much more efficient then most other classic infinity speakers, and do not present an insanely low impedence, so you're likely going to be fine with the SX-780, If you use the adcom, don't use tape out, it's not volume adjustable, and will send full signal to the adcom. Use the pre outs if you have them. if not.... don't go.

one pair of 3009 is in my front room as I speak. Of course, I'm feeding them waay more watts then they ever need, 350ish. but they usually only see maybe 5 watts.

Thanks a million on this. Super to hear the sx780 should work. Also thanks on the advice for pre-amping. It seemed a little too much like "there's gotta be something I'm missing here"... like line level outputs...! Probably saved me from cooking something.

Think it's time to quit thinking about it and pull the trigger. For the first pair of truly quality speakers I understand one could do much worse!

"Who in the hell just put 3009’s on the curb????????"

I didn't see this at the time but I can imagine how the conversation went between the wife(W) and the soon-to-be-ex-husband(H)?

W: "Get your crap out of MY house by the end of the week or I will"
H: "OK, OK"
---------------------------------
Two weeks later
Ring....ring...
W: "Hello"
H: "Oh good, you're home. I'll come over and pick up my stereo"
W: "Don't bother. It's gone"
H: "What do you mean it's gone."
W: "You missed the deadline. I warned you. I threw it out."
H: "You WHAT?"
W: "I put it out on trash day and when I got home from work it was gone. Good riddance. You always played the damned thing too loud anyway."
H: "I can't believe you threw out my stereo. Do you have any idea how much that cost?"
W: "You should have thought about that before you missed the deadline."
H: "I didn't think you would throw out my stereo."
W: "You never were any good at listening."

Back
Top Bottom