Thoughts on Mcintosh C31V?

That was before Fred and Wilma.......a few TVs were remote but not Trinitrons. I think there was a B&O that had a remote before the 8000 and 6000.

Of coarse my Dad had a remote, it was me. Change the TV channel and turn the antenna rotator was my chore......

That was before Fred and Wilma.......a few TVs were remote but not Trinitrons. I think there was a B&O that had a remote before the 8000 and 6000.

Of coarse my Dad had a remote, it was me. Change the TV channel and turn the antenna rotator was my chore......
Did the first Mac remotes have a little tuning fork steel bar with a hammer?

Headphone amp?? Barely adequate in a C31 or C35 because it was a very low priority for a remote controlled preamp. C32,33 or C34 had a drive anything 12-15 watt internal amp. You haven't heard a set of Stax electrostatics until you have heard them driven by a PG equipped C33.....

Mac did not expect a C31 to be listened to on a six foot tether and since they made full feature preamps at the same time they put money elsewhere in the remote preamps.

20170802_183659.jpg
OP here...I see you've entertained yourselves while I was gone...;)
Front panel lights now replaced on the C31V and it is looking good.
About a month listening to it -- I'm enjoying it.

I picked up my remote on the auction site -- shipped from Paris. Price wasn't bad all considered. I gotta say I enjoy having the remote even if only for volume/mute.

Back
Top Bottom