Thrash Metal

Looks like we have sister copies.

index.php
Yours is the only one, other than mine that I've ever seen here at AK or anywhere else. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1397448

I can agree with that. Testament had better production and Chuck Billy had a stronger voice but Exodus is Exodus...

View attachment 1397455

I listened to this Exodus on cassette in my car for years, over and over. Great album. This album and Bonded make a great case for these guys being in the Big 5. But I like Testament's first album a whole lot too.

@Beatnik I was a guitar hero in high school, simply because I could play that sweep arpeggio from the beginning of "The New Order". Skolnick was a beast then, he's still a beast.

And what can be said about the mighty Metal Church?? Their album "The Dark" is as good as anything that came out at that time. I still play that album!

Let's jam ! ;)

I was just playing "The Dark" a week ago.

dark.jpg

More Wayne.
Reverend / World Won't Miss You

reverend.jpg

and more.
Wayne / Metal Church

wayne.jpg

These are regular listens !

They didn't last long. But man, this was as thrashy as thrash ever got, for me at least.
Blistering speed, but still an underlying melody. Brilliant stuff.

Hallows Eve - Tales Of Terror
1985 Combat/Metal Blade Records MX 8027 MBR 1042

https://www.discogs.com/Hallows-Eve-Tales-Of-Terror/master/126545
003.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

hallows-eve.jpg

Now you are talking! Love this album. Forever. Never gets old or stale. Raw down to the bone, just deadly, whipcracking, neckbreaking metal masterpiece. To go with my copy I found this baby in the dollar bin long ago, I could not believe I found a test pressing of "Tales of Terror". Long live metal. Can anyone point me to a power thrash album as good as this one? If they can it would be a short list.
IMG_1336.JPG

Now you are talking! Love this album. Forever. Never gets old or stale. Raw down to the bone, just deadly, whipcracking, neckbreaking metal masterpiece. To go with my copy I found this baby in the dollar bin long ago, I could not believe I found a test pressing of "Tales of Terror". Long live metal. Can anyone point me to a power thrash album as good as this one? If they can it would be a short list.
index.php
You have GOT to be kidding. In the dollar bin?

Big time scroe!!
Hallows Eve wasn't just great in studio. Saw them one time at The Bayou in Georgetown, D.C. I feel like Skullator was with the band so that would make it original lineup and around 1985. The earliest date I can find for them playing is 1988, but I know that's not right. Anyways, the band was on an entirely different level from even Metallica or Megadeth at the time. Pure bludgeoning onslaught.

Big time scroe!!
Hallows Eve wasn't just great in studio. Saw them one time at The Bayou in Georgetown, D.C. I feel like Skullator was with the band so that would make it original lineup and around 1985. The earliest date I can find for them playing is 1988, but I know that's not right. Anyways, the band was on an entirely different level from even Metallica or Megadeth at the time. Pure bludgeoning onslaught.
Killer. I saw some cool photos of them on facebook from around that era with them hanging my friend Jim that did Grinder zine out of the Baltimore suburbs.

My head can accept Testament, as they really fit that label, but again, my heart says Exodus. They weren't progressive, they weren't pretty. They were thrash.

THRASH..........UNDER..............PRESSURE!!!!!

or this yuletide favorite -

DO....THE TOXIC WALTZ!!!!!
I would be inclined to say Exodus as well but I would go to their 1st record Bonded By Blood with their original singer Paul Baloff. A record that grabbed you by the throat right from get go with the plane crash intro. A record that always warrants a repeat listen. One of my favorite Metal albums period, let alone Thrash.
20190127_191240.jpg 20190127_191255.jpg
20190127_183344.jpg 20190127_183404.jpg
20190127_191321.jpg 20190127_191332.jpg

First music festival I ever attended. 1985
BAZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom