Three beautiful Fisher receivers to receive 2nd life

Are you keeping them or one day selling? I've been threatening to go to tubes one day.

I have double of a few models and will most likely pass some on to others.

Once you get a hankering for tubes, efficient speakers, and vinyl combined, there is no turning back!

Vint: FYI. Soliciting a price for a prospective sale or soliciting a part or unit for sale on the regular forums is prohibited. You are allowed to contact the other party thru PM's or post a thread in Dollars & Sense ONLY. I don't think you want to wake the ADMIN guys up and possibly get "bounced" off AK.

Larry

VERY SORRY!wont happen again ,did not know.
Larry: I just opened a question thread about audio transf subs. I would be very interested in your opinion, I also placed this question to Dave
Thanks Martin

I played the 500-C all day today to make sure there were no hidden problems, it played flawlessly hooked to my Frazier speakers. On to the last unit now, hello 400!

20161022_121544.jpg 20161022_121555.jpg 20161022_121907.jpg
20160830_154805.jpg

looks similar to the one I tinkered with in my early ham teenager hood, which i got from my father that designed a radio scalpel in the 1920s.
It was a triode that worked with a plate v of 3kv or 5kv. A beauty! Martin

Very Nicely done on the 500c, Steve. You'll find that the 400 is very similar in construction but quite a bit fewer parts

Very Nicely done on the 500c, Steve. You'll find that the 400 is very similar in construction but quite a bit fewer parts

Yeah, the 500-C turned out real sweet. Seems like the only part of these restorations that stop me in my tracks is when the tuner is not working properly. This receiver luckily didn't need any tuner repair.

I've pretty much decided I am just going to add an inrush limiter,and a jumper in the power switch circuit to help protect things in the all original pristine 400. Afterwards I will give it a full testing by checking all tubes and voltage readings. If everything checks out good, that's as far as I will go, but I do have a set of H.H. can caps here if it needs them.

Back
Top Bottom