Three flavors of HH Scott 99s

vaathi

baski
Subscriber
I recently picked up three working ( one without any issue and 2 with some static and stuff) HH Scott 99s. One is 99A and i assume it is based on 6V6 based. Other two are 6L6GB based 99C and 99D.. My question is can I use 99C and 99D in a stereo setup. All inputs and suggestions welcome.

Sure, why not? The C and D look to be pretty similar, and the A is an interesting early mono. Maybe have a dedicated mono setup on one side with it.

As trainbuftony says, all deserve a proper recap and other checking. Some pictures of your collection and the story of how you managed to pick up these three would be interesting here.

Of Course through CL ad and it was on for very brief time. I replied to the seller soon I guess.Seller was downsizing because he was selling his house after retirement. He had collection of Scott tuners and amplifiers. Exclusively scott including the speakers. I asked him why only scott amp/tuners and he said his last name is scott and that is the main reason he got into scott amps. lol. He agreed to sell me scott 99c and 99d( some issues) for 150 but bundled the 99A for 2 benjamins.

Great deal! Post a thread about the issues with the 99D and let's see how to get it working correctly.

We're anxiously holding our breath (or I am anyhow) I love old Scott amps, and I'm about to undertake a restoration of a pair of 99c integrated amps. One of them came from the estate of my dad's best friend since childhood. I don't have any tube pieces which have been passed through my family, this is probably as close as I will get to that. I have found that dual mono integrated amps tend to sell for way less than their stereo counterparts and can provide a fantastic smiles per mile ratio.

Back
Top Bottom