1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Three sides to every story … or, how to discuss this stuff

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by RichPA, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Ok, I should have read it. Im may be too old for this now. I was active on guns and hunting forums some years back and felt too many wanted what they wanted regardless.

My wife knows how to relate on forums and keeps saying I should do it just to keep my mind working.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Negotiableterms

Negotiableterms Administrator Staff Member Admin Subscriber

There is absolutely no evidence that posting on this forum has anything to do with one's mind working. :D

3. cwall99

cwall99 Addicted Member

The keys to making pasta work as speaker wires are several-fold:
    • Don't use store-bought, dry pasta. It's virtually impossible to get around corners without breaking it. I make my own pasta and find that, with practice, not only can I make pasta that bends around corners, but, by keeping it moist (I use a Williams and Sonoma stainless steel spray bottle for best results), I can achieve far better listening results than your typical store-bought pasta (or gherkin fort that matter)
    • Use Semolina for best results
    • After lots of experimentation (I keep lots of sauce handy for experiments that don't go well), I've found that penne has a nice, open sound. I'd also recommend avoiding orzo, and don't even think about using gnocchi)