Thursday Tunes

Return to Forever......1974 Polydor Records.....this is the one that started it all ..for me....in the Jazz arena..anyway!!!!!

Last edited:
Trying to cleanup and organize my stuff; cassettes tonight.

Right now it's Cheap Trick "Live at Budokan", "Ain't that a shame".

followed by "I want you to want me".

Geez, I saw these guys at The Palms in Milwaukee, before they were big. Pinned your ears back too!

Interesting evening of vinyl spinning

Dave Bruebeck: Red Hot and cool

Tom Waits: Mule Variations

Ten Years After: Positive Vibrations

Neil Young & The Bluenotes

Listening to Willy Porter ~ S/T while rattling around the house this morning. Damn, this guy is hot on acoustic guitar. Damn good songwriter too.

Harry Manx w/ Kevin Breit ~ "Jubilee" selected for the drive to work this morning. This one has become my favorite of the week. The guitar work is fantastic and the overall blues tone is right up my alley!

Thanks Alan, these are real keepers!

-Dave

I enjoyed Yes Fragile Remaster so much last night that I listened again on my morning commute. I haven't heard this album in a "heap long time". I probably looked like Wayne and Garth the way I was singing/moving around in the car this morning.

The remaster has two bonus tunes - America, and a rough cut of Roundabout.

JD (heading to the golf course this afternoon. It's supposed to be 67 degrees today)

Working from home today in hopes of finishing up a grant due tomorrow with:

Lyle Lovette - My Baby Don't Tolerate playing in the background.

Morning drive-time- Paste Magazine sampler (thanx, Dave)- got through about 1/2 of it. Some fine tunes on here so far, and it's nice to see a song from the new Willard Grant Conspiracy release on it- it's a berry, berry good ceedee.........

:cool:

Originally posted by Dave918
Thinking about slippin' away from the office early today myself, supposed to hit 70 here. :banana:

-Dave

70 degrees,I remember that,power is flashing off\on,going to try and play some tunes. maybe try Townes Van Zandt's Snow on Raton..I love irony

Alan

Cold and wet here. I'm spinning some Simple Minds this morning.
Sparkle in the Rain and Live in the City of Light...... on cd actually.
They are the worst sounding cd's I have, early original technology stuff, but the only ones I have and the tunes are worth it. Though my ears are hating me;)

First up: The Beach Boys, Pet sounds.

No idea for a follow up. Pet sounds on ceedee from the library. I had forgot that this was a nice album.

Now it's The Chris Duarte Group Tailspin Headwhack.

Man, if I could play a guitar like that.................

JD

The Kingsmen, Greatest hits, featuring Louie, Louie! :cool:

This is a mono ceedee!

Whew! OK, now playing, Chris Isaak, Heart shaped world.

Last edited:
I'm listening to Green Day's Dookie album. :) I thought I was going to do a pre on sale for Van Morrison's concert. They want
$100. for good seats, $49.50 for nosebleeds plus fees, then there's parking on (S)Nob Hill, probably another $30. :eek:
I guess not then, I'll buy the video and a nice bottle of brandy.

Carl

Originally posted by JDaniel
Now it's The Chris Duarte Group Tailspin Headwhack.

Man, if I could play a guitar like that.................

JD

Jeff, have you listened to "Love Is Greater Than Me"? Thinking about picking it up tomorrow. Not on my list, but someone told me they saw a few copies of it down at the local Wal-Mart.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom