Tidal has been here and is AWESOME !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spotify Premium sound fine to me, especially for $10 a month. Would a $20 a month plan sound twice as good? I doubt it.

All depends on your system and what plan your using , for most the basic plan is more than good enough , but for those with a revolving system that do more critical listening the extra amount you get out of that $20 plan may warrant the extra cost .

Audiofreak71

Man, I'm loving me sum TIDAL Hi-Fi MASTER! TIDAL incorporating MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) technology into low bandwidth internet streaming has really paid off. Being able to stream Hi-Res audio without frequent drop-outs due to our nations lacking internet infrastructure has been a blessing. 24bit/192kHz Hi-Res streaming without MQA would require a bandwidth that is not readily accessible to many of the people living in the United States. TIDAL is now offering a 60 day free trial. Try it out!

Last edited:
Man, I'm loving me sum TIDAL Hi-Fi MASTER! TIDAL incorporating MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) technology into low bandwidth internet streaming has really paid off. Being able to stream Hi-Res audio without frequent drop-outs due to our nations lacking internet infrastructure has been a blessing. 24bit/192kHz Hi-Res streaming without MQA would require a bandwidth that is not readily accessible to many of the people living in the United States. TIDAL is now offering a 60 day free trial. Try it out!
*sigh* You're doing it again.

How much are you getting for this one?

I have yet to get into hi-res digital audio. I have some FLAC files and WAV files on my PC. Other than that, it's Spotify for me. I now have two pretty good - but older DAC's - I would need to see what their capabilities are before even thinking of switching. But we are getting a Hulu/Spotify combination package for $5 per month for BOTH of them...so $2.50 per month for Spotify. This is using a student discount. So I'm unlikely to switch until that runs out. Even then, I may need a newer DAC. Things are sounding good enough as-is that switching is not a priority for me, although I'm not going to say there wouldn't be upgraded SQ either...I just don't know!

I have yet to get into hi-res digital audio. I have some FLAC files and WAV files on my PC. Other than that, it's Spotify for me. I now have two pretty good - but older DAC's - I would need to see what their capabilities are before even thinking of switching. But we are getting a Hulu/Spotify combination package for $5 per month for BOTH of them...so $2.50 per month for Spotify. This is using a student discount. So I'm unlikely to switch until that runs out. Even then, I may need a newer DAC. Things are sounding good enough as-is that switching is not a priority for me, although I'm not going to say there wouldn't be upgraded SQ either...I just don't know!

$5 for both Hulu/Spotify Premium is a good deal. If it wasn't for my military discount on Tidal .. I would be tempted to switch back to Spotify for the package deal (even the two for $10 deal).

*sigh* You're doing it again.

How much are you getting for this one?
Doing what Dave? Bumping my post after seeing today on my iPhone that TIDAL is offering 60 days free service. That's something I feel potential Hi-Res consumers may be interested in.

I'm not getting paid $#!+ while I sit here enjoying listening to my subscription to TIDAL Hi-Fi and hope more join so I can continue listening to TIDAL Hi-Fi MASTER with MQA.:music:

The enjoyment I receive in listening to TIDAL MASTER Hi-Res makes me happy and I wanna shout it out loud. :jump:

Last edited:
Doing what? Bumping my post after seeing today on my iPhone that TIDAL is offering 60 days free service. That's something I feel potential Hi-Res consumers may be interested in.

I'm not getting paid $#!+ while I sit here enjoying listening to my subscription to TIDAL Hi-Fi and hope more join so I can continue listening to TIDAL Hi-Fi MASTER with MQA.:music:
It sure looks like you're paid to pitch Tidal's MQA offering. In fact, it looks exactly like strategic forum marketing, where forum participants are paid to mention their employer's product in otherwise "natural" conversation. The use of stock phrases that look suspiciously like trademarks or marketing taglines -- e.g., "TIDAL incorporating MQA (Master Quality Authenticated)" -- is characteristic of it.

If it were just once or twice because you're a fan, it wouldn't matter, but you bring it up regularly like clockwork. ...Or like a marketing plan's schedule.

It sure looks like you're paid to pitch Tidal's MQA offering. In fact, it looks exactly like strategic forum marketing, where forum participants are paid to mention their employer's product in otherwise "natural" conversation. The use of stock phrases that look suspiciously like trademarks or marketing taglines -- e.g., "TIDAL incorporating MQA (Master Quality Authenticated)" -- is characteristic of it.

If it were just once or twice because you're a fan, it wouldn't matter, but you bring it up regularly like clockwork. ...Or like a marketing plan's schedule.
50DE6344-007B-42C1-ADC1-285223594CE2.gif

Last edited:
Dave, if I were being paid by TIDAL I would have a MUCH nicer audio setup, and not some second hand thrift store eBay stereo I have meticulously been building and documenting on AK for the past 6 months. Please...
C93B0DEB-DA1D-4339-8D53-6DB3D4D7FD73.gif

Last edited:

Better yet! With former military discount.
g1FM5G6.jpg

OK, I tried to bite my tongue but failed.

What kills me is that someone can go and spend thousands of dollars on the latest greatest or TOTL vintage gear, or for Gods sake $350 Beats Studio 3 headphones and feed them low bitrate MP3 streaming because they don’t want to spend a maximum of .64 cents a day on a quality streaming service be it Qobuz or Tidal. $20 is just too much to spend for music is what I see on so many YouTube comments.:wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom