Tidal won't open in Android

Discussion in 'Streaming Services' started by Andyman, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Andyman

Andyman Scroungus Stereophilus Subscriber

I signed up for Sprint's 6 month free Tidal trial, and it won't open on my Samsung Note 4 running Android 6 something.

Anybody else have this issue and get it resolved?

Let me know. I called Sprint and they say it looks fine on their end. I haven't called Tidal as the comments on their custoner service aren't encouraging.

2. gvl

gvl Well-Known Member

Things to try:
    1. Force Stop and delete Tidal data in settings/apps.
    2. Reinstall Tidal
    3. Update to the latest Android available for the phone from Samsung.
    4. Factory-reset the phone and reinstall all the apps (PITA).

FWIW, I have an ancient Motorola XOOM tablet that runs an old Android and Tidal works fine on it.

3. Andyman

I've done all of that aside from #4, which is ridiculous for a trial app.
    Tidal should have a fix and a patch. I'll try their support, but this could be a deal breaker. With 96 GB of storage on mt phone, I can literally taje hundreds of 320 .mp3s with me, or use Spotify.
    The real issue is if I find the MQA masters an upgrade in my home system, where it works fine with my laptop. If that's the case, I may opt out of Spotify.

Decisions, decisions....

4. Andyman

Ok, so now it's working. Don't know why or how, but magically my phone opened the app and my account from the laptop was there. I'm a happy camper now as I can listen via my Phone, and that is valuable.

If I become more fluent in Tidal, it probably will replace Spotify, as the HiFi seems better.

Rockyhill likes this.
  5. Rockyhill

Rockyhill "I rarely rip CDs but when I do, I rip to FLAC" Subscriber

I have a “no contract” Android phone purchased for casting, not calling. I hadn’t installed Tidal app until Saturday. Logged on and cast successfully to my CCA. Glad your Tidal app works too.