Time for a NEW challenge

Moving forward

More progress and a BUBBA for fun.
all speakers phased…
1 OH BY THE WAY.. The screws holding the woofers to the cabinet are the SAME SIZE as the holes in the baskets… gonna have to get some REALLY small washers!

Attachments

• IMG_2369.jpg
    IMG_2369.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2370.jpg
    IMG_2370.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 36
The NEW FOAM IS HERE !!!

The last bits to finish the Westlakes…
Don't bother me…. I'll be sniffing for glue for a bit...

Attachments

• JBL 2121-H foamies.jpg
    JBL 2121-H foamies.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 17
:lmao::lmao::lmao:Really dig the 6x9 midbass driver. I'd plate it up and keep it that red really adds color to the sound. That's why sony Xplod is the best :lmao:

I ONLY deal with the BEST of the BEST.. I was listening to an audio book as I was working on the bottom speaker.. and it was not " pleasant ".. so I just clip leaded that in went from COMPLETELY SUCKS to Wow that's almost listenable.. Then it fell out.. Well we can't have any of that ! So I was going to put 1 screw in.. but LO and BEHOLD it fit~

So I have 1 2121-H in the box .. 2nd one is drying ( yeah I woke up @ 3:00am ) …
I REALLY dislike the glue that was provided.. to thick, to gummy doesn't lay right.. it works fine.. but it looks a bit " ROOKIE" of a job.. not an EVEN bead on the front…
But I can always build grilles !

Next stop (s)
Carpenter will be available 1st week in March….
THEN back to the Anodizer to see about the 5K front panel...

Done like DINNER

DONE and DONE.. Did the last bit of mechanicals this AM….
Westlake KINDA blew it.. the phillister head screws that hold the woofers in, are just a few THOUSANDS thicker on the head then the hole in the baskets… and 1 good tighten up the will fit IN the hole on the speaker baskets ( yeah not so gouda ) so 32 10/32 lock washers later TADA…
Today some run ups on a LARGER AMP So the neighbors can enjoy it too~
It's all about sharing..

OH AND THE LEXUS with SUPRA TWIN TURBO SWAP moved round the block on it's own power … first ride since July 2013 YEAH~~~~

( still lot's to do there )

Attachments

• UPPER westlake.jpg
    UPPER westlake.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Lower westlake.jpg
    Lower westlake.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 48
  • FIRST LAUNCH.jpg
    FIRST LAUNCH.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 53
Awesome man! It's success week!
Sharing for the win! :)

I think I'm going to build a 20ft tall line array out of 6x9s!!

I can donate 2 Sony's to the cause… but in order to be REALLY good you will need some Jensen TRIAX's.. Did you get your crossover yet Rob.?

Thanks Jo !!!

Ok well a Japan BA-3K hooked up to the Westlakes.. using the pre of the AU-9900...
Well stacked speakers on a moving dolly...is not quite the way to go... in a phone booth sized room... I couldn't get it up to 90 watts.... just TO LOUD.... Club loud + 10DB...( and people say you need 600 watts on these WTH?? ) A Little Dark side of the Moon...just SHOOK the room.... ZZ Top "Rough Boy "When I stood in the door way. I could feel SLIGHT air motion..Bass was VERY concussive.. I feel like I got MUGGED... Played a few other musical selections.. it's all there.. separation & imaging completely sucked LOL.The 3K didn't even get " warm ". I want to DRAG the 5K and give that a whirl...Shit eating GRIN now playing on my face in 3D!

Hahaha "concussive" bass now that's awesome! Put some HEPA filters in the ports and you can use them as whole house air filters while listening :)

The lights.. are dimming~

Well just had a wrestling match with my son assisting to move the 5K in the bedroom where the Westlakes are.. and hooked it up…..

OMG NOW i understand WHY you need HUGH power to push these beasts!!

Dual MONO 5K's!!!

So things of note… the LED meter lamps are VERY sensitive to voltage fluctuations… as we approached HUGH kick drum the meter lights dimmed with the beat.. but we were damn near 200 watts on peak ( Pink Floyd I need a dirty woman ) … it's wasn't really louder SPL wise but there was ( what felt like ) a whole octave of bottom that came alive ( like 75 hz and below ) the " mugging factor " aka concussive bass went up a LARGE amount….

WOW just WOW

Attachments

• IMG_2403.jpg
    IMG_2403.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 38
Awesome!
Mike that's the difference the larger amp makes on my main speakers. Not louder just more full and amazingly more solid in the lows. I am using a lowly Adcom GFA-5500 350w/channel @4ohms. Your making me want the BA-5k even more!!

Back
Top Bottom