Time for an old truck....1959 Apache

I love the '58/'59 Fleetside bed, but I prefer the single-headlight front end of the '55-'57 trucks.

Love the 58-59 Apache pickups, picked up a few to rebuild and sell. To get the most money through resale I use to use the 348 tri-power with a Saginaw three speed on the floor. Early Monte Carlo rims and caps look great on that truck...

Love the 58-59 Apache pickups, picked up a few to rebuild and sell. To get the most money through resale I use to use the 348 tri-power with a Saginaw three speed on the floor. Early Monte Carlo rims and caps look great on that truck...

Got pix?

Diamond T didn't want there dealers using competitors trucks so the designed their own.

Here is a pix of my favorite pick up. I owned it for 3 years in the early 80s. 1964 Ford F100 step side short bed.

Attachments

• 1963-ford-f100-stepside-rebuild-original-california-survivor-engine-sound-new-1.JPG
    1963-ford-f100-stepside-rebuild-original-california-survivor-engine-sound-new-1.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 57
Diamond T didn't want there dealers using competitors trucks so the designed their own.

Same reason that GMC light and medium duty trucks exist. Dealers didn't like sending fleet buyers down the street to the Chevy dealer to fill out their lighter truck needs.

I know someone with one of those Diamond T pickups, they're cool as hell. I know where a matching Diamond T semi and trailer have been sitting for ages, but I certainly don't have the room for that kind of project. The degree to which those Diamond T pickups are overbuilt is completely insane. They had to cost twice what a GMC did when new.

Those are beauty's as well. But I think I found a solid Apache, all original with no rust local for less than I was planning on spending. I don't plan on hot rodding it, just make it run well and fully functional. In the move out here, I sold a lot of tools but kept my engine stand and spray gun. Now that I think about it, I sold my sand blaster too. Oh Well, back to Harbor Freight.

We (uncle) had one that had a dump box on it. Us kids would haul the garbage through a mile of woods to the town dump and dump it in the hole.

As with any truck with 13 rear leaf springs, the cabs were tall so your head would not hit the roof so hard on rough roads.

There was a 59 Apache in my history.

Dad dropped a 348 in it.
It became the fastest drag race anything in the region.

Tore up transmissions and rear ends to no end.
Guy that got it from Dad had an old heavy refrigerator in the back on its back as a beer cooler.
Lots of traction and torque.

I'll never forget that pickup.

I learned to drive in a '59 Apache stepside - 3 on the column, floor starter... What great old truck... Could barely see over the dash... :)

I learned to drive in a '59 Apache stepside - 3 on the column, floor starter... What great old truck... Could barely see over the dash... :)

Come to think of it. I learned to drive stick in ours.
Yeah, must have been about 9-10 years old.
Pedels and dash were tough to reach.
Learned in a fresh plowed field.
It was quite a ride.

Back
Top Bottom