Time spent listening

How much time per week do you devote to critical listening?

• Total voters

04blackmaxx

Lately, been trying to find as much time as possible to listen to my gear with the increased amount invested and expanding my tastes into other Genres outside of Rock. I estimate I listen around 20 hours per week and rarely do I just put on the system and do something else, its usually pretty focused. If you want to vote please exclude non critical listening such as having headphones on while cutting the lawn or while on a job.

Critical listening varies drastically for me depending on which gear/room I'm in and the mood. Better gear, well crafted music, just me totally tuning in and kicking back? Only 4-5 hours a week. (Music going a lot more than that though...and enjoy it stopping me in my tracks!)

I personally don't count having the radio playing in the background as listening so definitely agree with your criteria.
That said I try to make time to sit and listen for an album or two every day. I'll take time off and occasionally sit for many hours but I figure it averages out to at least 7 hours a week of listening.

Back
Top Bottom