1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Tips and tricks to make the most of your AK experience

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RayW, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

And if you have received some good advice, which may have saved you time, money, or both. Or received an SM or Schematic from an existing AK member, (free !) consider subscribing, there are extra benefits from doing this, including knowing that you are helping the site continue helping others.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. RayW

RayW Parrothead with a badge Super Mod Subscriber

- Only quote the relevant portion of a post. It's a waste of bandwidth and fairly annoying when someone quotes an entire post with 5 full size pictures and 2 pages of text so they can say "I agree". Don't be that guy. If you agree, then say you agree but you don't need to quote the whole thing so we can see it again.

3. dpal

dpal Active Member

pictures of my equipment

How do I post a picture on this site? I am not subscriber, just member, but really would like to show my tube tuner

4. RayW

Below the posting window (or reply to thread) is a window labeled "Additional Options". In it is "a button labeled "Manage Attachments". Using that you can upload a picture to the AK database and display it as an attachment in your post. If you want the picture to show in the post you will have to open it, copy the URL of the pic itself, and enclose it in [​IMG]

5. bobabode

bobabode AK Subscriber Subscriber

pictorial:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  6. whopintp

whopintp AK Member

New 2 the group and it seems Very helpful. I have my own ?,s but will keep them 2 myself 4 now. I did find it very helpful 4 the improvements on the Infinity SM-152's, also wondering instead of spikes on the bottom, could a person just put wheels on them. That way U could spin them around making moving easier?? I am going 2 try the metal inserts on the inside of them. The sensitivity are like the EV TS8-2. I have other speakers that I've restored but enough 4 now. Later Roger

7. Hyperion

Please do not search for a thread discussing equipment you may have a problem with, and post on the end of it. When YOUR problem might be very different to that being discussed in the thread :sigh: - Start your own thread for YOUR problem :yes:

This is annoying for the existing participants of the thread, and - such posts are usually ignored.

8. djjim

djjim AK Subscriber Subscriber

Enjoyed this thread...just joined 2 days ago, and accidently mentioned something I had available in a post....sorry. Will keep reading a lot and posting a little. Enjoy the humor in this group!

9. JHS2RT

JHS2RT and Miss Sasha Subscriber

I always like it when posters make the title of their post informative.

EX:
    Dual 1219 rumble on 33rpm.
    instead of
    Noisy turntable.

10. turntabletym

turntabletym Well-Known Member

I think that's more important, thanks for suggestions. :yes:

11. RayW

Read the whole thread! It's incredibly annoying to have someone read the first post in a 3 page thread and then give their sage advice which has already been given by 8 people, most of whom never read past the OP. If it's >1000 pages like the econowave thread, then you're excused. But if it's not then please at least browse through before responding.

12. langley65

langley65 Headphoneous Supremous

13. Hyperion

Sometimes when you post in a thread, your post may appear to have been totally ignored - this doesn't mean it hasn't been read. Don't be discouraged, just take it on the chin, read on, and post in another thread.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  14. ebacon

ebacon Super Member

An exception to the rule is when what you have involves a visit to the doctor. That's also known as the Jay rule. :D

15. fulljam

fulljam Member

Thanks for the welcoming vibe!

16. King Ludd

King Ludd Active Member

How to track my questions and the responses

Hi

I am new to this forum, but I find it fascinating and very valuable. I have at least a thousand questions, and really enjoy interacting with the experienced AK members on the site.

I have posted a number of questions in several different forums including speakers, receivers, cartridges, and others. I am beginning to find it difficult to keep track of all the questions I posted, and the responses.

Is there an easy way to track my posts and the responses to them? Would like to be able to answer those who give me help, but am afraid I will miss some.

17. RayW

Go to "user cp" at the top left of the page. In your user control panel you will see a list of threads that you have subscribed to (I believe the default is to auto-subscribe to any thread you have posted in, if not we can fix that too). You can track all the threads you've participated in that way.

18. King Ludd

King Ludd Active Member

Great, thanks.

Will give it a go.

19. squidsct53

squidsct53 New Member

Intro

Very useful & informative. Only 2nd forum in which I shall be participating. Will be on best behavior. Thanks.

20. bobabode

bobabode AK Subscriber Subscriber

Another way is to left click on your user name and a pull down list will offer you a shortcut to that info.