Tips and tricks to make the most of your AK experience

^^ P.S. Must be something I'm doin' wrong, seems not a single person I've "welcomed" @ that Introductions thread has stayed around the joint. <insert here 'scrathing head emoticon' like the one we had w/ the "old" forum software>

Like all clubs, some come in with higher expectations than reality offers.

Also, those coming in with newer gear might not feel that they're a fit, and move on to something that suits their modern tastes.

It does take some time to fit the mold or is it mould? Both might fit. :biggrin:

Q

New to AK. Here are some pics of the newly finished speaker project. And the freshly mounted gear that I have been amassing for years and got to hear for the first time last week.

Attachments

• DE99BE48-E940-4079-AA81-3AC6C9E46184.jpeg
    DE99BE48-E940-4079-AA81-3AC6C9E46184.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 31F4DD0B-6769-4DDA-9CD6-4752E0FEEBCB.jpeg
    31F4DD0B-6769-4DDA-9CD6-4752E0FEEBCB.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 8038227B-AB68-4A6C-95C7-EFE498A42D03.jpeg
    8038227B-AB68-4A6C-95C7-EFE498A42D03.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 841CBB09-1381-46F8-84D9-C2D74A7DB026.jpeg
    841CBB09-1381-46F8-84D9-C2D74A7DB026.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 8229971B-1138-4136-AD38-3D47B68D822F.jpeg
    8229971B-1138-4136-AD38-3D47B68D822F.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 38
  • B5AE1BBF-9140-43FB-911B-FDAA900DA636.jpeg
    B5AE1BBF-9140-43FB-911B-FDAA900DA636.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 55CD8576-7C2B-476A-9A6A-58A77117F682.jpeg
    55CD8576-7C2B-476A-9A6A-58A77117F682.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 36
  • B356D610-DE9F-4321-80CB-8E9B499C28F9.jpeg
    B356D610-DE9F-4321-80CB-8E9B499C28F9.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 34
  • B817D5E5-A9FF-4986-B373-010A7FDB43AF.jpeg
    B817D5E5-A9FF-4986-B373-010A7FDB43AF.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 35
  • EEEA9094-3E34-4334-8DAE-D9E14FEE5168.jpeg
    EEEA9094-3E34-4334-8DAE-D9E14FEE5168.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 35
I have had trouble using the search feature with my Samsung Galaxy tablet. I tap on the search button, it comes up momentarily. My keyboard displays for a moment and then its gone. Is this a problem with other tablets, or perhaps Verizon?
My guess... Verizon

Good Day Y'all <see how I did a Ca/U.S. greeting? :rflmao: Anyway new to actually posting on AK. I have followed a number of restoration projects but now have enlightened self-interest inducement to actually contribute with a new (to me) Marantz 2270 project.

Best Regards from the frozen north, Don

I am a retired audio technician who has been employed by companies such as Matsushita, TEAC, Sony, and have been failed with a brain injury that makes it difficult for me to follow complete threads and sometimes I miss something. I apologize if this has annoyed anybody. I am thankful that there are others who are passionate about their craft, and welcome all their opinions and debates. Thank you goes a long way!

I am a retired audio technician who has been employed by companies such as Matsushita, TEAC, Sony, and have been failed with a brain injury that makes it difficult for me to follow complete threads and sometimes I miss something. I apologize if this has annoyed anybody. I am thankful that there are others who are passionate about their craft, and welcome all their opinions and debates. Thank you goes a long way!

We all owe you, more than likely, considering the work you did.

Thank you for this post, and best wishes with the injury. I know I will try and remember you're dealing with some things.

Oh, Newbies, if you wish to provide pictures of your problematic equipment trouble shooting, please chose full size pictures, Not thumbnails, SO THEY CAN BE READILY ENLARGED, without changing the helping poster having to screen tweak his computer`s page resolution to help his aged/experienced eyes for effective free trouble shooting guidance !

I see so many trouble shooting A/K site beggers for help failing in these respect, in which I TURN AWAY because of their choice of poor choice picture resolution/lighting attachment, though others, and myself might be able to be helpful if seeing better remote internet based pictures !
Think ABOUT IT NEWBIES, AND SOME SEASONED LONG TIME MEMBERS WHO ARE GUILTY AS WELL!

Ciao

I really appreciate all the good will and great advice from members here. I've been a member for a few years, found some love with low wattage realistic stuff a while back. Recently acquired some nice MCS separates and received some help on a few things. Thanks, All

One that came to me today - If you want the content to be better, and you have an idea, make a thread.

Shit might just take off. I never expected the "Put A Smile" thread (and it's grouchy companion, 'Pet Peeve' thread) to take off like it did.

Hello! This thread is to point out some simple things that will help you get the answers you're looking for with the least pain.

- First thing, and this is in the Forum Rules, no buying or selling except in Bartertown, the forum designated for it. You have to be a subscriber to access Bartertown. Anything posted for sale (or covertly fishing for a sale) elsewhere will be moved, edited, and/or deleted.

- Post your thread in the appropriate forum. There are a whole slew of forums here at AK and sometimes it can be confusing. Most times things are pretty easy to figure out. Have a turntable question? Post it in the turntable forum. If you don't get answers to your questions, make sure you're asking the right people.

- Be nice. This goes with the All Audio, No Attitude motto of AK. Pretty easy to figure out.

- Put your location in your profile. In this day and age the anonimity of the internet can be comforting, but you're probably not going to have problems by posting your city or area. This will help immensely when you're asking for help. Check out some "help" threads and you'll find that generally the first question asked back to the original poster (OP) is "Where are you?". If you're asking about what gear to check out, there may be a member or members nearby that have what you're considering. A single live audition will be much more useful than all the opinions on the net.

- When asking a question, give all pertinent details. A question like "I have some brown speakers with big woofers, what receiver should I get?" won't get you a lot of responses. At least not useful ones. Give details like your room size and type, the kind of music you like, listening level, and what you do or don't like about what you've got. There will be very different answers to questions regarding a smallish bedroom where the user likes to listen to Bach at low levels and a large basement room with cinderblock walls where the user likes to blast Van Halen at ear bleeding levels.

- Try the search. Sometimes it's a disagreeable beast, but the search can be your friend. AK has been around for a while and has 60,000+ members. There's a good chance the information you're looking for is already here. Sometimes asking the same question for the 97th time will get you some smart aleck responses. It's not your fault for asking your question, but a quick search might have turned up your information, with interest.

[edit] - Something that has been said many times by management and mods but bears repeating here, AK is not strictly a vintage audio site. It is an audio site. All ages, classes, and types of audio gear are welcome.

- Only quote the relevant portion of a post. It's a waste of bandwidth and fairly annoying when someone quotes an entire post with 5 full size pictures and 2 pages of text so they can say "I agree". Don't be that guy. If you agree, then say you agree but you don't need to quote the whole thing so we can see it again.

If you've got a tip that will help newcomers, post it here.

Enjoy AK!
I was a subscriber to this audio forum years ago really enjoyed it. Now that I'm retired and not moving around so much I've been investing my time and $ back into the vintage gear. I know this is silly yet, I'm having trouble finding where you go to subscribe to AK! Assistance would be welcome.

I was a subscriber to this audio forum years ago really enjoyed it. Now that I'm retired and not moving around so much I've been investing my time and $ back into the vintage gear. I know this is silly yet, I'm having trouble finding where you go to subscribe to AK! Assistance would be welcome.

Looks like you found it! :D

Note to new members,

When you come aboard, choose and use an avatar, even if only temporary; you can always go back and change it again 9and again and again and...) later.

A page full of these...

upload_2022-11-26_13-24-29.jpeg

...@ the Introductions subforum page ain't too invitin' ... I know that I, to name one guy, tend to open and read "Intros" that have an avatar, but tend to open and read less often "Intros" that has...

upload_2022-11-26_13-26-21.jpeg

...for an avatar.

PS: But, maybe it's only me that tends away from 'em. Yeah, that's probably it. :smoke:

Back
Top Bottom