titanium yamaha owners anyone?

gentlejax

waiting anxiously today for my CX-830 preamp in titanium. I love the yamaha titanium stuff.

anyone else? I dont know if I will switch amps or not but I will add a tuner to match if I can

Sad I missed this post a couple of years ago, I have been a major fan of the TI units from Yamaha. I have the following:

Players: CDV-1700TI, CDX-530TI, CDX-2000 (brushed aluminum, looks good with TI units)
Preamp: CX-830TI
Preamp/Processor: DSP–E300TI
Amp/Processor: DSP–A700TI
Cassette: KX-330TI
Receiver: RX730TI

I have the DSP-3000. It is made of 3.5-4mm thick titanium plate all around. Some edges can be razor sharp, so I have to handle it very carefully. My DSP-3000 has a broken display light and the display also does not show any text. The on-screen display still works. The remote control broke and got lost a long time ago. I just use it as a digital D/A control amplifier. I removed the Dolby Surround card and another card that connected to the rear "Main Level" switch. Only the main audio works now. It works by using some gold plated wire to bypass directly from pin to pin where I took out the Dolby and level switch card. Seems to work fine. I think I still need to replace the relay switches in both my DSP-3000 and M-65, but those will have to wait for some other day. The DSP-3000 and other Titanium Series components are shown in the 1990 "YAMAHA HIFI" (German) catalog at HiFiEngine. It would be nice to see that catalog in English, if it exists.

I have the DSP-3000. ...The DSP-3000 and other Titanium Series components are shown in the 1990 "YAMAHA HIFI" (German) catalog at HiFiEngine. It would be nice to see that catalog in English, if it exists.

That is a cool looking DSP3000, never viewed one of those before. I believe none of my Yamaha TI units have any real titanium plate on them, assumed it was a term used for the plating color on metal. I have a few of the DSP versions that came right after your 3000. Sadly, my oldest Yamaha catalog in English is the one marked on HiFi Engine as "1990-91", and your 3000 unit is not shown, so I guess my catalog was a transitional piece.

I wanted to post some of my catalogs eventually on the AK literature location (mainly full range USA catalogs from 1991-1995), but I cannot figure out how to do so. If someone can advise how to do it, I can add to our collective library.

I believe none of my Yamaha TI units have any real titanium plate on them, assumed it was a term used for the plating color on metal.

I assumed that it could really be titanium, but it is probably just aluminum with the coloring! All I know for sure is that the top plate is quite substantial and has some weight. If it were Ti, then it would probably be heavier. I can't really tell for sure, because Ti is also light weight.

Titanium is VERY cool, but it is VERY expensive. Yes it is VERY light in weight, but I doubt that weight would ever have been enough of a consideration to offset the cost for Yamaha, especially with aluminum (and anodized aluminum) being so affordable in comparison, and also light in weight.

Back
Top Bottom