Tivoli Model CD

obelisk

Hey guys,

I'm putting together a new system at the moment. I've got a 70s Yamaha stereo receiver, a Rega Planar 3 turntable and some sweet locally made speakers. Now I just need a CD player and my work will be done (for now).

I wondered if any of you guys had ever tried out the Tivoli Model CD:

I've got a Model 3 clock radio and stereo speaker in the bedroom, and it's pretty good. I think the Model CD will sit really well with the Yamaha amp, but I don't know whether it performs. I've sent Tivoli an email to ask whether or not it'll play CDRs etc, and for the money, I know I can get a pretty good new Yamaha, Sherwood or an older NAD on ebay. But if this is any good...

Any tips would be great.

Cheers

-O

It will indeed play CD-R's. The early versions had software issues that have now been resolved. Mine had a voltage regulator go bad after a year of daily use, but it was an easy fix. There are a few threads here on the Tivoli CDP. It uses the same type of transport used in car stereo, such as Delco. Both the headphone out and the line-level out levels are set by the remote control.

attachment.php

I use one and have had no problems, although I bought it later than Celt and the issues had probably been resolved.

Anyway, I really like it, especially the design. I match it with my KLH Model 16 and Model 18 and they fit together perfectly. Kloss was involved with both companies, so its appropriate.

Based upon Celt's recommendations (and my love of my Model One radio here in the Cubicle of Doom), I bought one to go with my small tube set-up.

It sounds great, and I love the remote's features. I keep the little bugger (the remote) Velcro-ed to my monitor in the Home Office.

pb0700011pm1.jpg

P.S. Just what is the conversion rate between US and AUS? $499 AUS?!?!?!

I picked up mine on Ebay for $99 shipped US.

Tivoli Experience....slightly long

Target was closing out the RadioCombo late last September and it included the Model Two plus Model CD for a total of $99 (originally $399). I opened the box and became aware I was not the first owner. The Model Two was fine but the CD player did not work. I entered the warranty information online and tried to get an Return Authorization from Tivoli to have the CD player fixed. After 3 months of no reply I sent another e-mail and then called. The customer service person I spoke to gave me instructions on how to reset the CD player's processor as the owner's manual didn't give the right steps. I tried it and now the CD player works great.

As a side note, I never did get any e-mail reply about the RA, nor did I get a phone call with an RA as the CS person indicated I would. No matter as it works and makes for a great office system.

Jay

thanks guys. great info. aus retail would be $463 in your dollars, but i don't think i'll pay that. i bought a US model 3 on ebay and got a transformer to convert it to 240v. Works a treat. think i'll do the same here.

thanks again guys.

-O

Back
Top Bottom