Tivoli Model Two as desktop computer speakers

FauxHall

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just hooked up my Tivoli to my laptop at my home desk off the headphone plug. Listening to Jimmy Buffett on YouTube and it sounds darn good! there's an optional subwoofer that I could get if I wanted.

DSC_1796.JPG

I have two Tivoli Is. There is not a working tuner between them, so I use them the same way.

I had a Model 2 and subwoofer for years. Quite liked it and sometimes sad I sold it. Wife periodically asks why I don't sell my integrated amp and tuner and just go back to plugging my turntable back to the Tivolis.

I have the Model 3 (older, non-bluetooth model) with the clock radio on my nightstand.

Unlike the Model 1 and 2, it uses an up-firing speaker instead of front-firing. I also have the extension speaker and subwoofer and, like cooperH and bjlefebvre,, recommend the subwoofer, which has adjustable volume, as a crucial addition. The sound from such a small setup is amazing, and the FM tuner accuracy is surprising, and delightful.

I have 3 Model 2s. One lives in a Sam Adams 12 pack case and is my "Road Stereo" for travel use. Set one speaker on the table on either side of the hotel bed and you've got great sound.

I have a sub on the system in my bedroom but never use it. It only adds about a half octave and the system sounds fine without it to me.

I got my Model Two while I was living in a hotel room in Seoul. The hotel have a CD/DVD player already so I got a cable to connect it to my new radio and I had a full sound system.

One of the KBS stations had a Korean lady playing jazz that had the sexiest voice! Since I don't recollect her ever using the word "soju" I never understand a word she said but she sure sounded beautiful.

Tom DeVesto - founder of Tivoli ( who was also the Former CEO of Cambridge SoundWorks, and later Founder of Sapphire Audio speakers, w/ Carry Christie who was the co-founder of Infinity ) has some new radio models, and a new company to go with them. - He parted ways with Tivoli quite a while back.

COMO AUDIO <---link
He's an interesting character to say the least. but I respect his hustle , you simply can't count this dude out no matter how things go for him.

WALNUT_solo_angle.jpg

Saw the Como in Seoul. Major styling failure.

Then I saw this ripoff at a store at Seoul Station.

DSC_1836.JPG

Back
Top Bottom